Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks beautiful. Exterior is great.

Comment

Well I got a good start yesterday. Working with 2x10 and 2x12's has it's challenges but I am working through it. Made a bunch of sawdust!

Not great pics but here are a few....

Should get some better ones today.

Thanks to all that are following my progress!

Comment

I'm diggin it, keep the pics coming. Great work so far !

Comment

That's awesome!!!
          Keep posting pics I'm sore more than one is getting great ideas form your work.
          Thanks

Comment

Dude! Absolutely mad skilz! I'm awestruck. Congrats on your gifts and thanks for sharing this build.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

Supposed to have a spray foam contractor come out tomorrow and look at want I want to do. When I get that done I will move on the framing the inside,

Here are a couple more from the other day in the daylight. I think it's going to turn out ok. It is quite a bit of work distressing the wood but on the other hand I don't think you can make a mistake.

Comment

Looking good. Really like the distressed look on the faux beams.

Comment

it's always something.........

Time to get this thing spray foamed.

Spray foam guys showed up yesterday and were about 3 minutes into it and had a pump crap out on them. Now waiting to see when they can repair or replace it.

Comment

Nice Build

Comment

What all did you use to destress the wood? It looks really good

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                        What all did you use to destress the wood? It looks really good
                        I use three 4 1/2" grinders, one with a straight wire wheel, one with a wire cup and one with a plain metal grinding disc. The wire wheels are great for taking out the softer wood and leaving the harder stuff which enhances the grain and gives the surface some depth. Run them with the grain.

I use others tools and various things to strike and impact the wood which adds to the distressed look. Different hammers, wrecking bars, hatchet, draw knife, gouge chisels and various metal things.

Really don't think you could do this wrong. It does take a lot of elbow grease. The hard part is trying to hide the seams/joints were the different grains are running opposite.

I was able to get the last pieces up yesterday to complete the 27ft long beam.
                        Still have some work to do on it but the hardest part is done. Will try to get some close up pictures when I am done. The beam is about 17ft off the floor so that alone will hide some boo boo's lol

Comment

The QO breaker box is the way to go!

Comment

The spray foaming is done. Time is limited, started on hanging the purlin that will support the rusted barn tin I am going to be installing in the kitchen/living room area. The vaulted ceiling will use a bit more than 1000 sq ft of tin. It will be 10ft off the floor at the side wall and 17ft in the middle It's going to be a lot of overhead work for me but I will figure a way to do it. Going to have to have the lighting figured out and fixtures in at the same time as the tin is installed. There will be a small space left to install some raceways of some sort so I can get wiring/duct work etc. across to the other side so it's out of view.

Comment

Are you kidding me? This is freaking greatness sir! I'm really digging this build. Awesome job and thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Really digging those distressed beams you did! Can't wait to see more progress on this!

Comment

Working...
                                X