Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent 5 days out by Possum Kingdom and the highest temp we saw was 10.

Comment

A few years ago we had two STRONG cold fronts blow in within two days of each other. Temperature was a few degrees below 0. It froze the snow mix solid as a rock. Man that was a cold day. Did end up getting a couple hungry coyotes.

Comment

I did a lot of cold weather duck and goose hunting out west. The coldest I remember was -10 and we were camping in NW Nevada. Had to walk about 100 yards out on the ice before we could break through to set up decoys. It was one of the best duck and goose hunts I've had and I've had a lot great hunts.

Comment

15 degrees. But at least it was a dry cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One year is got down to 4 in Clarksville, with a 15 MPH wind. Deer would have to move......wrong. Nearly froze to death and didn't see a single thing.

Comment

Zero-10 degrees in Arkansas one year. I would hunt for about 2 hours then go turn the heater on in the truck and warm up, then back in the tree stand. Saw a ton of deer come to the feeder.

Comment

During the one good cold snap we had last year it was 14 degrees when I got to the blind that morning. It was the first time I used my just-purchased Buddy Heater - dang sure worth the money!

Comment

11 duck hunting.

Comment

One year out in San Angelo it was single digits 8 or 9 I believe. Stalked up to a feeder and whacked a doe.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Colorado near 0 sitting in 20" of snow.
                      Ice forming in my tent while I slept from my breath hitting the canvas

Comment

My son and I hunted in 15*F weather with single digit wind chills last year. However, Buddy Heater kept us warm.

Comment

Around 9 degrees in Kimble County....did not see a thing.

Comment

I believe it was 26* in late December in Karnes County. I wussed our and rifle hunted that morning since I could have a small heater. That was a good idea right up until I realized I forgot the heater. I remember breathing onto my mitts to get them to warm up and ice formed on them within a couple minutes. There were icecicles on all the trees and the deer I killed had a layer of frost on her.

Comment

-7F while in Alberta, Canada on a late november whitetail hunt

Comment

19, but with a strong north wind. It was pretty **** cold

Comment

Working...
                                X