Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    GREATNESS...Men In Black to show up soon!!
    LOL! i swear i half expect that. Someone mentioned a reality show earlier. I had a production company contact me about that. Follow me for a full year doing alligaotr hunts, Bowfishing for gator gar, Commercial fishing longnose, Rod reel fishing gator gar, digging artifacts, and hog hunting. I pulled the plug on it because i figured If we put this out there in the national spotlight someone would be pushing a FEDERAL law against digging. many states already have one.

Comment

Very fun thread.

Comment

Awesome thread. Following along

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, a "registered" ancient site may not be dug, but if your site isn't "registered" and it's your property, you can do whatever you want.
          Great thread, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            You gotta keep an eye on folks like that. I see you are right near a bridge where people can drive right by and see what is going on. She will obviously spread the word and you might start having a problem with potlickers coming in at night and trying to find a few. That happens on the ranch we dig at in the hill country.
            Johnny brings up a good point. If you haven't already, please make sure the NO TRESPASSING signs are very visible. And, a few game/surveillance cams may be in order.

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
              Johnny brings up a good point. If you haven't already, please make sure the NO TRESPASSING signs are very visible. And, a few game/surveillance cams may be in order.
              Purple paint on post as well as the signs. Of course the more signs you put up the nosier (if that is a word) people will get. Catch 22. Great fo0llow along thread. Looking forward to more pics.

Comment

I didnt really have time but I ran out there and dug a little today. Im still working on the hole that was meant to be drainage and havent even started on the heart of the site. I found a little stuff. Couple of killer brokes. I found a base and a little later found ba point that looked like a match, I washed em up and tried them but it was different material. Both would have been awesome points!

Dad says we are digging on the wrong side of the tracks....over where the po folk Indians lived. The material is weak and lots of brokes but I plan to sift every yard of it anyway!
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Hope that woman and any other folks leave ya alone, as well as your property. Your hard work is sure paying off.
                    Last edited by 12 point; 05-28-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

again....WOW!!!

amazing how close that base and point are in size!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        again....WOW!!!

amazing how close that base and point are in size!
                        Yeah and broke at the same angle, same thickness, etc.. I had trhe base in a can of water so I ran over there and washed em both. It looked like the same material when it was dirty. Great work on both.

Comment

Great looking finds.

A gate may be needed in the near future. Tree huggers are probably headed your way.

Comment

I have a gate but it was open because we were there working. There is a posted sign on each side of the opening.

Comment

Awesome pics good luck

Comment

wow, what a great thread, great pics and great testimony. good luck to yall with all of this. I'm not sure if I can wait for more pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X