Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
    How did these turn out? I saw these at Central Market, but was too creeped out to try them.
    I was hoping they would crisp up but I could not get them to. Al least not pan fried or in the oven. I did not try them deep fried so not sure if that would get it done. I used them as roll ups for stuff such as tuna salad, chicken salad, seafood salad etc and they work awesome for that. They have little to no taste and are better than lettuce wraps IMHO.

Comment

down 18lbs since new yrs day

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        I am intrigued by this way of eating, as a good friend of mine is hardcore on it. And he is bigtime in the fitness industry with several degrees and certs. And trains some professional athletes.

I am a big guy, and just scared about the idea of not eating much or not until lunch time. Especially after a 6am workout when I normally drink a protein shake after. I get hungry alot
        once you get past the flu like symptoms its a piece of cake. I have a very physical job and I feel really good and I sleep awesome.

Comment

anybody figured out a low carb fried backstrap recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
            anybody figured out a low carb fried backstrap recipe?
            This should qualify. We have been using almond or coconut flour since starting KETO.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
              down 18lbs since new yrs day

Wow! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                Wow! Congrats

Thanks

Comment

Still looking for a Keto friendly tortilla. Here is a recipe I stumbled on to. Has anybody used the recipe and if so how did the torts turn out??

Here is a pic, they look good. Link for the recipe is listed below.

Will be trying the recipe myself and will report on my results later. Keto on brothers and sisters!!

Attached Files

Comment

I found some low carb tortillas at Sprout's. They only have 6g per tortilla.

Comment

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
                      What is sprout's? Can you post a brand on the tortillas? How are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        What is sprout's? Can you post a brand on the tortillas? How are they?
                        They tasted like a normal tortilla. Spout's Farmers Market is a store in Dallas and some surrounding areas.

La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Flour Tortillas

Craft your healthy grocery list with fresh food from Sprouts Farmers Market! Make your list online and visit your local Sprouts

Comment

there is also a subreddit or two for ketogenic eating, if you don't mind the whole internet hipster millenial thing.

reddit.com/r/keto and (if you're into lifting) reddit.com/r/ketogains

Comment

Looks like they have these at HEB too...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              Still looking for a Keto friendly tortilla. Here is a recipe I stumbled on to. Has anybody used the recipe and if so how did the torts turn out??

Here is a pic, they look good. Link for the recipe is listed below.

Will be trying the recipe myself and will report on my results later. Keto on brothers and sisters!!

https://www.gnom-gnom.com/grain-free-keto-tortillas/
                              We buy ours at HEB...they are Carb-sense. They have the Mission brand and HEB has a house brand. Either are 3g net carbs. Even my kids have gotten to where they prefer these over the fresh butter flavored ones made on site.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

They tasted like a normal tortilla. Spout's Farmers Market is a store in Dallas and some surrounding areas.

La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Flour Tortillas

https://shop.sprouts.com/search?search_term=tortilla
                                Originally posted by SS75 View Post
                                Looks like they have these at HEB too...
                                Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                                We buy ours at HEB...they are Carb-sense. They have the Mission brand and HEB has a house brand. Either are 3g net carbs. Even my kids have gotten to where they prefer these over the fresh butter flavored ones made on site.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                Thanks for the info. fellas! I would rather buy them versus making them I just have not been able to find them in the greater Del Rio metroplex area

Comment

Working...
                                X