Sinuses!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinuses!!

I’d pay a large amount of money to never deal with sinuses again! My nose has been flooding for 2 days straight i have no clue how the body can produces this
    Much constant mucus! I’ve tried every over the counter in the past 48 hrs nothing’s touched it!

Most allergy meds (Zyrtec, Claratin, etc.) work by building up an immunity in your system. They're not a "one dose" medication. Try one for a couple weeks and if it's not working, try a different brand. I went thru a couple before I found that Zyrtec worked best for me.

I take a Zyrtec and use the OTC Flonaise nasal spray every day. If mine get jacked up I'll pop a Sudafed and will be better the next day... That only happens about twice a year.

Another thing that will help is a Neilmed Sinus Rinse (Neti-Pot). A lot of folks can't make themselves do a sinus rinse but I guarantee you that if you get into the habit of it, your sinuses will thank you for it.

Comment

You may have an infection.

One time I got real sick after cutting open the crotch of a large, dead tree that was threatening to fall on a neighbor’s house. Whatever I breathed in from that tree wreaked havoc on my sinuses. Forced myself to go to work, but knew the allergy meds weren’t doing a thing to stop whatever was going on. If my memory is right, dr gave me a shot. Of what exactly I do not recall. But it worked.

Comment

X2 on the Zyrtec D . . Dries it up . .

Comment

Allegra D is the only thing that works for me.

Comment

Generic benadryl 4 times a day for me and afrin spray is my go to - I have allergies and live in the piney woods. I do this religously and haven't had strep since starting this 4 years ago. Since I'm allergic to wasps it does double duty for me. My son is on Nazacort twice a day and a clariton. A lot of adults are coming down with asthma this year here - some who have never had allergies before! It's really bad here this year

Comment

Nasicort (sp?) works well for me. You gotta start using it a couple weeks beforehand for it to work right though. I usually start in early August and by dove season I'm good to go.

Comment

Allegra or anything that has FEXOFENADINE in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post

Another thing that will help is a Neilmed Sinus Rinse (Neti-Pot). A lot of folks can't make themselves do a sinus rinse but I guarantee you that if you get into the habit of it, your sinuses will thank you for it.
                  This is the only thing that works for me when my sinuses flare up, and it works fairly instant.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                    Most allergy meds (Zyrtec, Claratin, etc.) work by building up an immunity in your system. They're not a "one dose" medication. Try one for a couple weeks and if it's not working, try a different brand. I went thru a couple before I found that Zyrtec worked best for me.

I take a Zyrtec and use the OTC Flonaise nasal spray every day. If mine get jacked up I'll pop a Sudafed and will be better the next day... That only happens about twice a year.

THIS^^^

Only difference I don't get the flow and crud just a massive blockage that eventually feels like someone is punching the back side of my right eye.

Comment

Order one of these immediately. I was literally drowning for 2 months and took every **** drug with the exception of cocaine. This fixed me up in 3 - 4 days.

Comment

I FEEL your pain Fred!

If anyone has had more sinus problems than me I feel really bad for you!! I ve had two surgeries where they peeled my face off. One had a tumor behing my eye they dug out. The other they obliterated (filled with fat from my stomach) my frontal sinus cavaties over my eyes. I ve had 4 other polyp removal surgeries.

I woke up this morning my eyes were mated together. My forehead was swollen, warm and tender to the touch. I said on crap. Got dress drove straight to the minor emergency clinic. Got 2 steroid shots as per usual with these symptoms. Feel better already. This happens to me every year one time?

I use regular ole nasal saline spray or warm salt water everyday to irrigate.

Guess its just that time of the year!

Comment

if you want to get them completely drained take a good snort of police grade pepper spray,,, it will clean them right out!

Comment

I go get shots- I have zero problems and within the next few months I should be down to once every other week. Zero problems since started

Comment

Go see a real sinus doc.....I used one in the Woodlands that was great. Ballon sinuplasty and have not had a sinus infection since. I battled a sinus infection off and on for 20 years!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X