No announcement yet.

McMullen Ranch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to put a bib on every time I open this thread.. Lots of drooling..

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      Thanks for looking. That 12 is one of my favorites too. I remember seeing him at about 500 yards last year walking away and he looked like a giant. He is considerably better this year.......interested to see what he does in another 2 years.

Thanks. I will keep sharing as long as people are interested in seeing pics.

I am really using this thread as a management tool so that hopefully I can come back next year and be able to match up some deer pictures. I hate having to keep a thousand deer pictures on my phone.

Big shoutout to Texashunter56 for coming out to our place and taking all of these great photos. We really appreciate and look forward to more top notch photos!
      His camera is a liiiiiiiitle better than yours Awesome deer! I didn't read all of the comments, I'm a picture kind of guy but I was wondering why go to the trouble of DMP?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        His camera is a liiiiiiiitle better than yours Awesome deer! I didn't read all of the comments, I'm a picture kind of guy but I was wondering why go to the trouble of DMP?
        Because we have the ability to get 20 does bred by a deer that scores 200" vs maybe 3-4 does out in the open pasture. We can insure that a large percentage of our does would be covered by an awesome buck as opposed to a few. Just like everyone else, we have deer that are not much to look at, I just don't post those . The less breeding they do, the better!

The deer in Post #117 is the target buck for the DMP pen if we are able to capture him.

Comment

Man you have it going on!! Great looking herd!

Comment

Nice Deer!

Comment

Because we have the ability to get 20 does bred by a deer that scores 200" vs maybe 3-4 does out in the open pasture. We can insure that a large percentage of our does would be covered by an awesome buck as opposed to a few. Just like everyone else, we have deer that are not much to look at, I just don't post those . The less breeding they do, the better!

The deer in Post #117 is the target buck for the DMP pen if we are able to capture him.
              What made you pick that particular buck? You have a lot of beautiful bucks running around.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                What made you pick that particular buck? You have a lot of beautiful bucks running around.
                He is still fairly symmetrical while having a ton of trash and splits. Long beams, decent spread and 20+ pts. Scores over 200" I think and has was really pretty last year as a 3 year old. He is one that we would be extremely happy with if we were able to duplicate many times over. There is no telling which deer actually ends up in the pen but this guy is my Dad's #1 pick.

Comment

I know we ain't voting but I wanna play, 2nd buck in post 109 gets my vote

Comment

Thanks for looking. That 12 is one of my favorites too. I remember seeing him at about 500 yards last year walking away and he looked like a giant. He is considerably better this year.......interested to see what he does in another 2 years.

I am really using this thread as a management tool so that hopefully I can come back next year and be able to match up some deer pictures. I hate having to keep a thousand deer pictures on my phone.

Big shoutout to Texashunter56 for coming out to our place and taking all of these great photos. We really appreciate and look forward to more top notch photos!

I know its already been said several times, but UNBELIEVABLE deer herd y'all got going sir! PLEASE keep the pics coming as I'm sure I can't be the only one that wants to keep seeing them!!
                    Can't wait to see what comes along the next few years!

Comment

Thanks. The time I get to sit to view wildlife and unwind is more valuable than you can every know right now. Nothing better than sitting in a brush blind(in 100 deg temps) just to see some deer and take a few pics. I need the practice with my camera and the practice of sitting in a blind at eye level with multiple deer around at close range.

Comment

Nice

Comment

McMullen Ranch Thread

I know we ain't voting but I wanna play, 2nd buck in post 109 gets my vote

Not a bad idea but I think we have better. We have larger framed deer which is what we are shooting for. He is a cool buck that we have been keeping an eye on though for sure.
                          Fun to have a history with these deer.
                          Here he is in 2015 @ 2 yrs old.

Here he is in 2016 @ 3 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoying all of the pics. Thanks fellas!

Comment

Good gawd what a beautiful animal! I'm just a sucker for drops.

Comment

McMullen Ranch Thread

Good gawd what a beautiful animal! I'm just a sucker for drops.

Almost the best game cam pic ever. Look at the shadow! He is the big brother to the one above. They technically are the same age and not Brothers but have had drops since they were 2 yrs old. He has double drops this year again but other side not as long.

Comment

Working...
                                X