This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Everyone in front of them will move down in the recruiting rankings at least one spot eventually
    Won't take long but I'd wager tOSU locks up the top spot when it's over.

Comment

Elijah Rodriguez injured in practice today. No word how bad. No bueno

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
        Like a golf coach old me one time, "don't tell me how, tell me how many". As far as coaches go, he is a good interview I guess.. He's like the John McCain of football.

In other news, BAMA finally has 10 commits for the time being. Maybe we'll be able to field a team in the future.
        Yep. But **** he's a hilarious interview. LSU fans would love him.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Everyone in front of them will move down in the recruiting rankings at least one spot eventually

I did laugh about the last one. On some lists " they" said he was a 2*, visits BAMA camp and pushes people around and becomes a 3*, commits and the remaining sites are recalculating to determine if he is really a 4 or 5*. HA!

Still have to sign them and see how they respond. I'm not a baseball fan but I understand a lot of games are still won with singles and doubles.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
            Yep. But **** he's a hilarious interview. LSU fans would love him.

There is absolutely nothing funnier than listening to a live LSU post game show while in Tuscaloosa, O or Leach.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
              There is absolutely nothing funnier than listening to a live LSU post game show while in Tuscaloosa, O or Leach.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                O was 3-21 as a HC in the SEC so I'd say he prolly knows his way around the SEC. (lol)

Canada was OC at Pitt last year and NC state the 3 before. His offenses are predicated on pounding the ball with play action much like Les Miles tried to use. Canada is considered a conservative pick for OC by O in my book.
                Basically LSU hired a fan favorite that hasn't been real successful as a HC. As an interim he had two decent stops, but its hard to overlook his stint at Ole Miss. LSU should've kept Miles if they were just going to keep on the same route. O is nothing more than Les Miles 2.0 with Tony's sprinkled on him.
                You are so far off base it is laughable comparing Les to O. CEO and Leslie are total opposites. Leslie kept a noose around every coaches neck. O knows better or he won't keep good coaches. O screwed the pooch at Ole Miss. But, like some have stated.... had they given him one more year with the players he recruited things may have been different. Who knows. One thing for sure.... Leslie wasted at least one maybe two national championship years by being an incompetent coach. He had the talent to win. But, his stubbornness and refusal to play to his strengths cost him. It will take Lsu another year maybe two to get where they want to be. But, I think CEO, his staff, and recruiting will get them there. With the QB situation, offensive line lack of depth, and tough schedule 9-3 would be an accomplishment.

Comment

From the outside looking in it looks to me like Coach O really won't be doing much coaching, he's there to recruit and his coordinators will coach....

Lester liked to be the OC

Comment

Just glad we have football to talk about again. Texas putting a really good class together under Herman's short tenure and Sumlin has done an amazing job considering all the concerns around job security. It will be interesting to see if both classes will stick once the season starts and the win/losses materialize.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      I want to see Texas have a run like Florida did back in the 90s. Texas, A&M and one other in the top 5. Texas and Tech were close circa 2008.
                      I forgot how dominant both Texas & Tech were that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        Sumlin has done an amazing job considering all the concerns around job security. It will be interesting to see if both classes will stick once the season starts and the win/losses materialize.
                        The Ags are putting together a much better class than I expected. I had no doubt that the Herman hype was going to take a lot of players to Texas. The big thing will be, who can hold on to what they already have?

Comment

Early signing period starts this year. Kids can sign on the dotted line come December 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                            Just glad we have football to talk about again. Texas putting a really good class together under Herman's short tenure and Sumlin has done an amazing job considering all the concerns around job security. It will be interesting to see if both classes will stick once the season starts and the win/losses materialize.
                            Truth. It's hard for me to put much comfort into recruiting commits this early. Another ISU or Kansas loss and it is safe to say most of these "commits" fly the coop.

As a Texas fan, I'm optimistic this year will be better than the last three. How could it not be?

For Aggies, what is it about this year's team that gives you hope they will be better than last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              You are so far off base it is laughable comparing Les to O. CEO and Leslie are total opposites. Leslie kept a noose around every coaches neck. O knows better or he won't keep good coaches. O screwed the pooch at Ole Miss. But, like some have stated.... had they given him one more year with the players he recruited things may have been different. Who knows. One thing for sure.... Leslie wasted at least one maybe two national championship years by being an incompetent coach. He had the talent to win. But, his stubbornness and refusal to play to his strengths cost him. It will take Lsu another year maybe two to get where they want to be. But, I think CEO, his staff, and recruiting will get them there. With the QB situation, offensive line lack of depth, and tough schedule 9-3 would be an accomplishment.
                              Miles hung on to Cameron too long, it almost cost him his job e year early. I guess that's having a noose on a coach. I think they're more alike than you care to admit. O inherited a jam up Dc. Wasn't he hired before O was announced as the HC? Now defense hasn't been the issue at LSU. It's finding a way to use the talent they have offensively. Then O hires an OC that is as "big10" a hire as you could find. Did u even watch Pittsburgh last year? Conservative at best.

I stand by my pick of 9-3/10-2. And that's because lsu will have superior talent , not better coaching.

Comment

Big concern I have is just keeping momentum. Schedule is front loaded again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X