This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    I think Sumlin does not finish the season as head coach.
    Idk if Texas A&M would fire mid season, but I could be wrong

Comment

OU just dismissed their touted freshmen QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        OU just dismissed their touted freshmen QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        What did he do this time?

Comment

Eat em up Coogs.

Just ready for some football gentlemen.

Very interested to see -
          CMA at UH
          What CTH does for UT
          If CKS get's it's right or is fired
          Or if CKK is ever going to recruit a defense

Honestly, let's get some Texas teams back in the top 25

Comment

I'm so ready for season to get going. Been a suffering Longhorn for way too long!!!

Comment

With Hill running the offense, I think they drop games against the Pokes, Sooners and The Wiz with a couple to close to call against Arkansas and Texas.
              See Trevone Boykin. Hill could follow suit

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                Defense will be a LOT bigger. A little bit thin at DE with Bowen out for the year.

OL will be drastically better. There will be a little more effort geared towards running the football, but in all reality it's going to come down to QB play(which my expectations are pretty low right now). If Hill can't get it done, that brings a true freshman into play and I think we all know how that will go.

Also, apparently the kicking problem has not been solved. Four freakin' kickers on campus and none of them are even average.

If Hill runs the offense, I think 9-3 is fairly accurate.
                Man tough crowd for the purple people eaters.
                A) Give Hill a chance. He could be the next Trevone. Everyone wanted to write him off and he ended up being the phenom of the big12.
                B) If Hill can't get it done, give Shawn a chance. Frosh or not, the kid is a straight up athlete and you betta believe that Cumbie will make it as easy as possible for him to run the system. With the backfield depth, it is conceivable to have wins under the rookie. Shame on you for picking Pokes. I think you are man crushin on
                Mike Gundy's mullato

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  I think Sumlin does not finish the season as head coach.
                  Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    What did he do this time?
                    Drinkin and actin a fool. Lesson learned is this- if you are a starting quarterback it's OK. It's a live and learn situation and Baker is a more humble being supposedly from the drunken nonsense in Fayetteville. But if you are a freshmen and haven't filled a roster spot, it's one and done. Double standard. Pretty sorry

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
                      I don't see les being a candidate honestly. I think the good old boy system will kick in, and big donor wills push for chad Morris to be brought in fromSMU since he is an Aggie grad. Could also see them going after fedora at UNC for the same reason.

I think both are marginal candidiates, but my gut feeling is one of those two would get the job.

Comment

See Trevone Boykin. Hill could follow suit
                        One was an electric athlete/HS QB that converted from one skill position to another and back, took his lumps and had an offense formed around his skill set...The other is a QB that makes too many mental errors and was part of a system in HS.
                        Last edited by Chad C; 08-03-2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Can Les really recruit though? His experience was recruiting the state of LA with no real competition. Most of the talented kids have every intention of staying in state. I don't imagine he gets a d1 coaching job anytime soon, because that was a mess when he left LSU. Plus, he has proven that he is unable to adapt to the changes in the college game.

Comment

One was an electric athlete/HS QB that converted from one skill position to another and back, took his lumps and had an offense formed around his skill set...The other is a QB that makes too many mental errors and was part of a system in HS.
                            Don't forget he throws a spiral about 30% of the time

Comment

Drinkin and actin a fool. Lesson learned is this- if you are a starting quarterback it's OK. It's a live and learn situation and Baker is a more humble being supposedly from the drunken nonsense in Fayetteville. But if you are a freshmen and haven't filled a roster spot, it's one and done. Double standard. Pretty sorry
                              This is about the third or fourth time the kid has been in trouble. He's only been there since January.

Comment

Man tough crowd for the purple people eaters.
                                A) Give Hill a chance. He could be the next Trevone. Everyone wanted to write him off and he ended up being the phenom of the big12.
                                B) If Hill can't get it done, give Shawn a chance. Frosh or not, the kid is a straight up athlete and you betta believe that Cumbie will make it as easy as possible for him to run the system. With the backfield depth, it is conceivable to have wins under the rookie. Shame on you for picking Pokes. I think you are man crushin on
                                Mike Gundy's mullato
                                Hill is not the athlete Boykin was and dang sure doesnt have the mental awareness but I hope youre right. As far as Shawn goes I wish they would start him from the get go. Get him some early non-Conference experience. Chances are he is going to burn his red-shirt anyways if Hill plays like he did last year ( and the spring game gives high hopes of this) . Get the kid in now and let him take the lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X