No announcement yet.

Must watch!! Indigo vs. Rattler death match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I "cringed" watching this video as I HATE Rattlers and really any other snake. But the outcome was great....still remember one of my Dad's GSP who got bit in the chest and died AND me just missing a strike when we were dove hunting many years past! We live just a 100 yards from Lake Granbury and snakes, spiders, critters are a way of life....

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
        Perhaps the bites were merely to get the rattler to reveal his vulnerable spot, his head. He seemed to have it tucked away and the indigo was trying to find it. Just a theory, maybe I'm way off.
        That's what I'm thinking.

Comment

Very cool video!

Comment

That is an awesome video!

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great video!

Comment

Great video! I would love for a snake expert to describe what happened here. The rattler acting so strange with his head down (I think you might have arrived after the initial encounter as someone stated above), the indigo biting him in random places.

Also, I'd love to know that science behind the indigo not being affected by the venom?

Did you watch the indigo eat him? Curious what happened there.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                  Great video! I would love for a snake expert to describe what happened here. The rattler acting so strange with his head down (I think you might have arrived after the initial encounter as someone stated above), the indigo biting him in random places.

Also, I'd love to know that science behind the indigo not being affected by the venom?

Did you watch the indigo eat him? Curious what happened there.
                  The Indigo reversed into a buffel patch and the rattler slowly disappeared also into grass. I walked to the backside of the grass patch and didn't see anything. Weird.

Comment

Awesome video!
                    I too would love to hear from a snake expert on what happened here. How did the rattlesnake die? Is the indigo's bite that strong. I thought they constrict their prey like other kingsnakes.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      I think your first theory is more likely - by the time you got there the Indigo had already partially disabled the rattler. Otherwise I would think it would have been in it's classic defensive posture - coiled and rattling. What I found odd is how the Indigo started chomping the rattler in several places up and down it's body instead of going for it's head. I wonder what that is all about? Cool video!
                      This makes sense, it seemed like the rattler just gave himself up to being eaten.

Comment

Great video! Love the indigos!

Comment

Indigo's kill there prey by using it very powerful jaws so the above theory of the rattler being hurt fits.

Comment

Great video!

Comment

Freaking amazing video! I think the rattler was trying to trick the indigo by coiling up his rear part of its body, as if it's head is up near the coil. what u guys say makes sense.
                              But where is the snapping of the neck part? Or did it just crush its neck with its jaws?

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X