Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney and Lake Aquilla 2015 -2016 this is it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by georgiaboy151 View Post
    I hate to hear that, I normally camp at plowman, where is everybody else who normally camps there going if its closed.
    Homeā€¦ lol jk. Walling bend is open on the left side ( the side with the camp ground) and soldiers bluff but both of those aren't very private. Steele creek was still closed before I left for work but it's such a popular place with all us rednecks it may open sooner than some. I honestly don't know why they're keeping most of them closed because for the most part the ones I frequent don't have any major buildings to be damaged from the floods. I guess I should call and find out about my favorite places

Comment

Good luck to everyone this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Spoke with the COE, Plowman and Kimble to remain closed most of winter. Cedron may be open.
        Did they give any specifics as to why it will take so long?

JC

Comment

Campgrounds are full of trash, trees, etc. The water system was probably compromised, electrical as well.

Limited funds to contract it out for cleanup?

Comment

When do the new permits get issued

Comment

Originally posted by El suave View Post
              When do the new permits get issued

starting the 20th

Comment

There are NO DEER at Lake Whitney. .

Comment

Originally posted by BrianW View Post
                  There are NO DEER at Lake Whitney. .
                  2X. I told yall so.

Comment

Campgrounds are full of trash, trees, etc. The water system was probably compromised, electrical as well.

This is one of many reasons I wouldn't have any problem paying 100 or more for a hunting permit each year!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I figured the electrical would probably the most time consuming. Mainly was wondering about parks like Steele Creek that doesn't have all the electrical and I don't think their well was flooded either. Since I haven't been able to get in I'd think their biggest problem would be debris.

If they'd let me I'd be glad to rake it up for em just to get the park open.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        2X. I told yall so.

All except those 6 breeding age 170"+ bucks i saw!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                          All except those 6 breeding age 170"+ bucks i saw!!!!
                          Now that's the biggest tale I've ever seen anyone make up.

Comment

My youngest son decided to fish the pond (if you can call it that) in our back yard today. I got surprised not only did he catch brem but also 3 small bass less than 6 inches wonder how they got in there. I'll post a pic after my pad get charged up.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                              Now that's the biggest tale I've ever seen anyone make up.
                              It's most likely the truth. I've never known Eric to lie. He only hunts the A lake all the time. Never goes to the W lake. So you can be assured that's were he saw them.

Hi Eric!

Seriously, we have been telling this joke for several years. Each trying to get the public to go to one lake or the other, pending who "so said" saw what where . Like I've always said, all the deer are on the A lake. There are not deer on the W lake. Right Eric?

Comment

I will post a pic of a shed I picked up at A lake today.

Stand by.

Comment

Working...
                                X