No announcement yet.

Cheaper way to kill Mesquite trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be driving by that pasture today in a few hours...

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
      I wonder what he gets for them and how many it takes?
      Not sure how many. My father in law was telling me about it (I asked after seeing 'em on trips back home).

I've seen em near electra, out towards Holliday, and I think on the way to Seymour.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher View Post
        A grubbing hoe, an ax, and good gloves.
        No, no, no....not manual labor, Manuel labor

J/K

Comment

If the Camels eat the beans then they drop them off all over the place to grow.........

Comment

You can try 2,4-D - it knocks em out pretty good for the year if you spray them around this time. If you spray a couple times a year for a year or two then it does a pretty good job wiping them out.

Comment

Go ahead and get the Remedy. Spray once and be done. Root plowing works great but can leave a big mess and rough ground. Also anytime we root plow a pasture we re-seed it which is an additional cost. Depending how thick the Mesquites are spraying may be better.

Comment

Just disel works for us, cut it off at the ground and spray some on the wound. Kills the dead.

Comment

Well i know he doesnt like manual labor but an axe and make a ring around it. Or there is a chemical where u make one axe chop and spray the chemical in it and it kills it i think it is called aresonal

Comment

Drill into the tree, a cordless drill works great, then spray remedy and diesel or roundup and diesel into the hole. Its like an death row IV for trees!

Comment

Originally posted by cheez View Post
                      I drive by a pasture with camels in it every day not far from Electra. If they do anything to control mesquite it must grow back faster than they can control it
                      Just saw them today. Quick trip to the lease to fill feeders. Must be 25-30 of them in that pasture.

Comment

I use the herbicide Vista with a surfactant on the smaller (2-3' tall) trees and it kills them dead, dead, dead.

Comment

remedy and diesel is the only way to kill them for good. Their is not a cheap way. We spray the trees and leave them for a year and then pile them up and burn them. Then, we come back and spot spray for the small ones that come up, but if you have a ground rig use Grazon Next for the small ones that come back. It is an on going battle. Your best bet would be to move.

Comment

I know this is a really old thread but it seems to only address killing big mesquites. Whats the best/cheapest stuff to spray on the little leafy ones that popup in road ways etc.

Comment

We used scendaro and had awesome results with almost 100% Kill.

Comment

Originally posted by woody View Post
                                I know that the Remedy and deisel fuel / detergent mixture wil kill mesquite trees, but Remedy is so expensive. Is there a cheaper poison etc {I am allergic to a lot of manual labor}.
                                No one asked the question but just curious why would would want to be killing your mesquite trees..?

Comment

Working...
                                X