Porch for a travel trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pm with instructions sent

I'm right down the road I think and will supervise for a case of cold ones.....if you get me 2 cases I WON'T try to help

Comment

how about rock? rock is great and helps gets mud off as well... just need to build a cover... or do you want to walk around in your socks on the "patio"?

Comment

Why not get the entire camp on board with this project and upgrade to something like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	redneck-mansion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	23858228

Comment

Bobby -

If you need some indoor carpet, let me know. I have some reminents in the attic that you can have.

Comment

like the pic

Comment

If you can find any old carpet or rugs, that is what we use around our camp. I got a bunch of carpet from the model home next to my house.....when they tore it out.

Comment

We took some cinder blocks and set them on the ground and then took some 1/2 inch plywood and lined up a 2x4 where they joined and screwed them together. We did this with 4 sheets. Then we coated the boards with Skid no more. This is a product that we get from Krolls marine. It is basically latex paint with bits of rubber in it. It dries hard and leaves a non skid finish. The gallon can of Skid no more is cheap and will do the entire surface.

Comment

Can you use that wood porch looking structure that is leaning against the left side of your storage facility?

Comment

I use pallets covered with 2x4's. Seem to last about three years max. Im down on the coast so the bottom rots out pretty quick.

Comment

I've layed landscape timbers down lengthways and then screwed fence pickets across them. This works fairly well if you have a somewhat level ground surface.

The only set back is some of the pickets are weak with knot holes and you have to replace when broken.

Comment

Originally posted by tmag592 View Post
                        Can you use that wood porch looking structure that is leaning against the left side of your storage facility?
                        Thanks for the input guys.

Tim...that's the door of the little shed that I removed. It was screwed shut where it wouldn't open. It's not in very good shape (kinda like me).

Comment

I'm going with pallets & carpet this year.
                          If I like the place I might expand next year.

Anyone have ideas on a cheap way to cover a travel trailer with some sort of roof or patio awning?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            for the posts we used those concrete footings so it can be moved.
                            +1

the concrete 2x4 footings are pretty cheap and portable

this is what I used (less the metal hardware pictured)

Comment

I always preferred a piece of bar grate maybe 2' X 4' as the step set on cinder blocks because you could step up on it and wipe your boots and the mud would drop right through. Most steel supplies have it...It's not super cheap but you buy it once and it lasts forever...

For the seating area if you have any gravel on the place you might be able to do a deal with the rancher to drop a few bucket loads and spread it...it's always nice to have a place to get out of the mud...the problem with plywood on pallets is that they get slick and slimy with the mud when it rains...

Comment

Rocks...it will keep the kids busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X