2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
    Yeah, the major storm cell went right over our house yesterday. There were crazy winds. This morning a very large tree fell over about 100 yards from me. There are a lot of broken trees and a lot of standing water. It wasn't raining yesterday, it was coming down by the barrel full. It was a crazy amount of water.
    I see you are in Athens, how hard was the Crossroads/Cayuga area hit? I have a creek/slough crossing that gets impassable at times and just trying to get a gauge on what to expect

Comment

Between having a busy weekend schedule with soccer and wife activities, I haven't been able to sit in the stand more than once. In the last two weeks I have seen an uptick in bucks showing up on the cam. I need to thin out the spike population for sure. Here is a shooter that showed up twice in the past week, at night of course. Any input on age would be helpful...he looks like 10pt and "mature". Sag in back and gut, but I could be wrong. Not much mass thats for sure. Will post when I hit 5 posts....
      Last edited by SETXJR; 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM. Reason: resizing images 2

Comment

Today is a all day sit kind of day wish these days would start falling on weekends and not weekdays [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SETXJR View Post
          Between having a busy weekend schedule with soccer and wife activities, I haven't been able to sit in the stand more than once. In the last two weeks I have seen an uptick in bucks showing up on the cam. I need to thin out the spike population for sure. Here is a shooter that showed up twice in the past week, at night of course. Any input on age would be helpful...he looks like 10pt and "mature". Sag in back and gut, but I could be wrong. Not much mass thats for sure.

Shooter! Looks 5 or older to me

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Whats up with all the broken antlers??

I have a really good 4 yo that broke off about 6-7” of main beam off as well

Comment

I'm on 1180 acres in Hardin/Tyler County..we have about 10 shooters that we know of. This is our second year on the lease.....didn't get set up until after Harvey last year. Now if these bruisers would come out during the day, that would be nice.

Comment

Couple of more videos from my scrape camera.
                5 bucks visiting it and a few does last time i checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Today is a all day sit kind of day wish these days would start falling on weekends and not weekdays [emoji849]

Nice buck....wish I was in the blind and not fighting a head cold right now.

Comment

I had a great 8 that’s been a good 8 for last 3-4 years broke main beam off in velvet...

Comment

Originally posted by SETXJR View Post
                      Nice buck....wish I was in the blind and not fighting a head cold right now.

He’s my old lady or sons target buck we’ll see how the cards fall who/if he corporates for

Comment

Finally broke down and fenced one of my feeders this year. Hopefully it will keep most of the pigs out and the deer will still come in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	24556356

Comment

That’ll work! My experience is pigs don’t put out much effort to get in a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post

Huffman, Tx deer

Wow, what a buck. Didn’t expect that to come out of Huffman

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              Finally broke down and fenced one of my feeders this year. Hopefully it will keep most of the pigs out and the deer will still come in.

[ATTACH]929076[/ATTACH]
                              Hope that pen works for you, but... you may need more t-posts...put one in the middle of each panel, and make sure the panels are all flat on the ground... if a hog can get its nose under a panel anywhere, they will push right on under. Additional posts will help that.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                                I see you are in Athens, how hard was the Crossroads/Cayuga area hit? I have a creek/slough crossing that gets impassable at times and just trying to get a gauge on what to expect
                                That area was one of the worst hit. I'm southeast of Athens and we got pounded. 4" of rain in 30 min. Wind was crazy!!!!! I'm sure the creek/slough is impassable especially after today's additional rainfall.

Comment

Working...
                                X