• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Not true, they were just the best team that was invited. Big difference
    Didn't you get a participation ribbon? . . lol

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
      Ding ding ding.

Move it to 6 teams. 5 power 5 champs and the group of 5 champ. Make winning you conference (or at least division) relevant.

If you want to give handouts a-la Bama last year, add 2 at-larges and make it 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I've said a million times.

Bring the BCS back. The opinions of 130 plus some crazy computer formulas is far better than 13 opinions.

Bring in Cotton and Citrus to go with Sugar and Fiesta. Round 1.

Orange and Rose are the semi finals.

Genius.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

No what needs to happen is the bring the top 16 teams into playoffs using BCS. Those teams all fight till the death to crown an official National Champion.

OR

They really do the right thing and set conferences to equal number of teams for 7-8 games, those have a conference champion. Those conferences then go into playoffs. Sick of the computers and biased people choosing the field for the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Bring the BCS back. The opinions of 130 plus some crazy computer formulas is far better than 13 opinions.

Genius.

Maybe not the bringing back the BCS part, but I’m on board 100% with the rest of it. I STILL think you have have to win your conference to get it one of the first 5 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
            No what needs to happen is the bring the top 16 teams into playoffs using BCS. Those teams all fight till the death to crown an official National Champion.

OR

They really do the right thing and set conferences to equal number of teams for 7-8 games, those have a conference champion. Those conferences then go into playoffs. Sick of the computers and biased people choosing the field for the championship.
            No. 16 waters down the regular season.

8 max.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
              Didn't you get a participation ribbon? . . lol
              Why even play the games or have a conference championship if they don't even matter? It's asanine.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Genius.

**** it, don't make me have to agree with you....

We all know Condoleezza Rice is the best person to pick the playoff teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  But but Chief!!! Chief was the greatest defensive coordinator in the history of forever!! His schemes couldn’t possibly have been subpar! We were constantly told how good Chief was here! Trust in Chief! Can we keep Chief with the new coach whoever he is?[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Come on man!

A big thing against him I remember reading was he was always trying to get upfield and trying to get the QB and his run support was questionable . Was that scheme?

Good to see the NFL is doing something with his measurables.
                  . Hail to the chief, saw his defense on display when I was watching some of my Church kids play 7th grade ball last night...

I don't read a whole lot about players, looks like Garret might pan out.

Comment

Ding ding ding.

Move it to 6 teams. 5 power 5 champs and the group of 5 champ. Make winning you conference (or at least division) relevant.

If you want to give handouts a-la Bama last year, add 2 at-larges and make it 8.

II think it should be 8 teams. Each power 5 conf champ, with a group of 5 selection and then two at larges like you said. Would make for 2 rounds of playoff games and then a championship game.

You could keep your 6 post new years bowls as the playoff games and then rotate the championship game around those same sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                      II think it should be 8 teams. Each power 5 conf champ, with a group of 5 selection and then two at larges like you said. Would make for 2 rounds of playoff games and then a championship game.

You could keep your 6 post new years bowls as the playoff games and then rotate the championship game around those same sites.

Make them every two weeks. To hell with giving Saban a month to get ready for someone and let them get 100% healthy [emoji16]

Comment

Make them every two weeks. To hell with giving Saban a month to get ready for someone and let them get 100% healthy [emoji16]

For sure. You get to rest after regular season/con championship until after New Years for the first round of playoffs. Then you play again the next week and if you make it to the championship you get 2 weeks to rest up. Would make it fall around the end of January.

And keep the dang championship on a Saturday. You can’t properly BBQ and party when it’s on Monday night and you have work the next morning.

Comment

The problem with saying all conference champions and 1 G5 argument is that not all conferences are created equal. You need at large bids.

Last year proved that Georgia and Alabama were better than other conference champions. It shouldn’t matter what conference you fall in. The best 4-6-8 teams should be in.

Comment

I kept my subscription to The Athletic after the trial expired. It is pretty good for cfb coverage. If your team has a dedicated beat writer you should check it out. Currently OU is the only Big 12 school with a dedicated beat writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Yup.... was awol ... unless it was lesser competition. I remember what you said specifically during the draft. Measurables are a big deal to the NFL. They think they can make you a player if you have the measurables. And there is n doubt he had the measurables. See Josh Allen this year.
                              When they think they can make you a player by your measurables, they draft you in the 3rd round. I'll illustrate for you to see thru your orange tinted lenses,.

Picture Malik Jefferson, 6'2 235ish, 4.5 at the combine but showed at UT that he has a hard time with leverage and playing downhill thru blockers = 3rd round

I can do one for the maroon tinted lenses crowd too if needed

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                                For sure. You get to rest after regular season/con championship until after New Years for the first round of playoffs. Then you play again the next week and if you make it to the championship you get 2 weeks to rest up. Would make it fall around the end of January.

And keep the dang championship on a Saturday. You can’t properly BBQ and party when it’s on Monday night and you have work the next morning.

I'd say start the first round of playoffs 2 weeks after Conf. Championships.

And YES to the NC game being on a Saturday night!

Comment

Working...
                                X