Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yeah

Comment

There is a Texas trapping and a Trapping talk and now a texas trapping talk.... just another group to add

Comment

Maybe I've missed it on a previous post, but as far as tagging your traps goes, is it a law in Texas that you have to tag your traps?

Comment

No sir not in Texas.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Fergeris!

Comment

Yes sir. Most of texas is private owned I think is the reason. Now I could be wrong if trap other places other than private. But I haven't heard of it

Comment

Nope you are correct brother, no tags needed in Texas..

Comment

Picked me up some more traps this last weekend. 16 - #4 Montgomery's and 12 victor #3 long springs. I'm going to replace all the chains and swivels and get them cleaned up for dyeing and waxing.

Comment

Very nice score!!!

Comment

Thanks Dale...Also got 3 wire and 2 adjustable coyote stretcher with the lot of traps.

Do you have any pics of a trap that you painted after a catch? Just wanting to see if any of the coating comes off with a catch or two. A few of the longsprings are pitted a little and I'm thinking that a coat of paint might be best for them.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                        Thanks Dale...Also got 3 wire and 2 adjustable coyote stretcher with the lot of traps.

Do you have any pics of a trap that you painted after a catch? Just wanting to see if any of the coating comes off with a catch or two. A few of the longsprings are pitted a little and I'm thinking that a coat of paint might be best for them.

I have not used any of my painted traps yet, all the 330's will be hitting the water in 48 more days..!!

Comment

I needed to get some boards ready for season and contacted FHA to send me some patterns that never arrived, so I then contacted NAFA and a few days later I had my new beaver pattern..

Here is a quick picture tutorial..

Two sheets of 3/4 plywood, cut into 32 inch pieces...

Cross section them so you can easily find the center of each board..now its time to trace, its time consuming and will take a while to get done..

I started with the outer most ring and traced every board, then with scissors' cut it off to the next level and repeat till you are complete.

Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 08-27-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

That's cool. That's one thing I don't know anything about is beaver trapping. I guess I'm just a desert guy

Comment

I did not know there were that many beaver in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                                That's cool. That's one thing I don't know anything about is beaver trapping. I guess I'm just a desert guy
                                Hey Brother, you going to the Texas trappers Rendezvous in Junction in Oct?

Mark June will be there and I'm thinking about getting involved with the assoc.

Do you know any of them?

Comment

Working...
                                X