Texas State Longbow Championships!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Guess I missed the flyer on this event. Could someone post a link with info about the event, please?
    I'll dig around and see if I can find the flyer for this year's shoot and post it if I still have it.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have the rest

Comment

Just don't sound like anything I'll ever go to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You are missing out drt it’s one of the best I’ve ever attended or been a part of.

Comment

It is woods only correct?

Comment

I don't shoot non center + cut bows well. For me, if I have to fight it, it ain't fun. I'm too old to want to put time and effort into frustrating myself. That's what my kids and business partners are for.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I don't shoot non center + cut bows well. For me, if I have to fight it, it ain't fun. I'm too old to want to put time and effort into frustrating myself. That's what my kids and business partners are for.

I am with you. After double checking I think my bear bow is to high tech anyway. At first I thought it was just the woods that was going to keep me out.

Comment

Someday maybe . . .

Comment

Center shot is usually not a thing to worry about most all bows I have ever owned that were production are cut to have a + measurement. A neutral or negative centershot is usually either a custom order or something like a ilf riser. Even a bow cut to direct center is not center when you add any strike plate to it. For me when I set up any bow I use enough material to have a arrow width to the left of the string when I center the string on the bow and look at my arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        I am with you. After double checking I think my bear bow is to high tech anyway. At first I thought it was just the woods that was going to keep me out.

The center shot rule is not enforced, nor is the pistol grip. I spoke with David Sikes a few weeks back asking about the bow specs and he said as long as it fit in the jig (ie measurements above and below shelf) and the strings didn't touch the limbs when it was strung that its legal. I'd be willing to bet that 75% or more of the bows shot are center cut or cut past center.

It is honestly the most balanced range of any I've ever shot all across the country. The mix of shots and shot scenarios would be extremely tough to match on any other range there is.

Comment

That's good to know for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                            The center shot rule is not enforced, nor is the pistol grip. I spoke with David Sikes a few weeks back asking about the bow specs and he said as long as it fit in the jig (ie measurements above and below shelf) and the strings didn't touch the limbs when it was strung that its legal. I'd be willing to bet that 75% or more of the bows shot are center cut or cut past center.

It is honestly the most balanced range of any I've ever shot all across the country. The mix of shots and shot scenarios would be extremely tough to match on any other range there is.
                            Yep, really makes me wish they would loosen up the equipment rules a little bit. Like I said earlier, maybe make an open class or something. Looking at the drawing my bow is a little to big on the top measurement, so to shoot one match I would have to buy a bow and arrows and idk if I could ever do that for one match. I wouldn't be looking for anything crazy, all my equipment is TBOT legal. Maybe in the future they will do something like that and their competitor count will go up by at least one Haha

Comment

Is this the shoot that Shiloh misses one of the first targets to fool his competitors into thinking they might win? Then blows their doors off by day 2.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lost Arra;13383166]Is this the shoot that Shiloh misses one of the first targets to fool his competitors into thinking they might win? Then blows their doors off by day 2

Like a natural born hustler.

Comment

Working...
                                X