No announcement yet.

Roy Hindes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If we're gonna use gods creatures, we should be stewards of them. And good stewards".

Well said Mr. Hindes

Men and things like that should make you proud to be a Texan

Comment

Used him and his son Quatro one year. Very friendly and one of the most humble guys I've ever met. Our wives were so impressed with their gentlemanly character. My wife still asks about the guy in the black cowboy hat. They found the deer also !!

Comment

Iconic.

And a super nice guy to boot.

It’s been a real honor to take a few tracking referrals from him over the years.

I don’t want any more dogs, but I’d buy one from him in a heartbeat....

Comment

I had the pleasure of sitting in a pick up with his Dad and pick his brain for about an hour back in the early 90's.
          He was buddies with my grandfather (who died before I was born). It was a special time for me. He was sick with cancer at the time, but he never let on.

Great family.

Comment

I've used his dogs 2 times. Great results both times and I really enjoyed visiting with him both times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Seems like a humble man. Im curious what he charges to recover a deer?
              it was $400 if he didn't find it and $600 if he did find it.

which considering the distance he had to cover sometimes to get to a place it is a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                it was $400 if he didn't find it and $600 if he did find it.

which considering the distance he had to cover sometimes to get to a place it is a bargain.

That’s not bad, I really expected it to be more considering his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great video, just needs more time with Mr.Hindes.

Comment

We needed a dog last year and it was right during the S. Tx rut and on a Saturday evening-BUSY. I called him and he had just walked into his house after running his dogs for a LOOONG time and was coming down sick. I felt bad but he would NOT let me off the phone without promising to find me someone to look for the deer. He called me several times over the next several hours until he found someone who could come to the ranch. It was phenomenal the effort he (and others already mentioned on this thread) went to, to get me someone to track the deer-successfully I might add. That whole fraternity, led by Roy, is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                      We needed a dog last year and it was right during the S. Tx rut and on a Saturday evening-BUSY. I called him and he had just walked into his house after running his dogs for a LOOONG time and was coming down sick. I felt bad but he would NOT let me off the phone without promising to find me someone to look for the deer. He called me several times over the next several hours until he found someone who could come to the ranch. It was phenomenal the effort he (and others already mentioned on this thread) went to, to get me someone to track the deer-successfully I might add. That whole fraternity, led by Roy, is something else.
                      Great to hear and I suspect that to be typical of what would occur.

Comment

Roy plays a good fiddle as well. One of the nicest people you will ever meet. He did tell me once that he was a lurker on this forum.

Comment

He found one for me when I was a kid and another for my cousin. Very very good dogs and a great man seems like

Comment

I’ve met him a few times when we called him to run some deer for lease hunters on my fiancé’s ranch. After watching his dogs work I knew I wanted to get into deer dogs.

Comment

Used to hunt off Hwy 97 and drove by his ranch to/from the lease. I saw some humongous bucks behind that high fence that folks told me was his ranch.

Comment

Pretty sure he’s on quite a few ranches’ speed dial. [emoji12]

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X