Roy Hindes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Hindes

Nice little video about Roy Hindes I ran across in Texas Monthly... got me to wondering how many have used him and his dogs. Or, even met the man for that matter. The dude is a legend for sure

In South Texas, if a hunter wounds a deer, there is only one person to call: Roy Hindes.

Wish it was longer. Thanks for posting

Comment

Legend for sure.

Comment

We've used him several times. One of the most humble people you will ever meet.

Very nice, quiet, soft spoken. He is 100% like the person you see in the film. They don't make them like that anymore, that's for sure

Comment

Legend for sure.

I was hoping they'd show that Porsche busting through some South Texas brush. Riiiiiight

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            Wish it was longer. Thanks for posting

Agreed....was hoping it was much longer. It was good while it lasted. The "Porsche Cayenne" on the way to South Texas pimping was a little much but I enjoyed the rest for sure.

Comment

We have used him a few times on the ranch we hunt. Nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                We've used him several times. One of the most humble people you will ever meet.

Very nice, quiet, soft spoken. He is 100% like the person you see in the film. They don't make them like that anymore, that's for sure
                We have used him 3 different times. I could not have said it any better myself.

Comment

Seems like a humble man. Im curious what he charges to recover a deer?

Comment

Roy has a protege by the name of Kevin Dubose. Both great men with great character. If a person can’t reach Roy to find a deer, Kevin is a dang good second choice(although I’d personally call Kevin first cus he’s a friend )

Comment

One of my best friends from high school married his daughter. I have seen he and his dogs work. Truly amazing.

Comment

I first met Little Roy when I was in high school and have known Pam even longer. I met Big Roy back in the 80's when we were trying to find a wounded buck on the Baylor Ranch. Roy and Pam are great Christian folks and both know more about wildlife, livestock, dogs and South Texas as both were raised on ranches in the area. Robbie Hurt is Pam's brother and may be the best houndsman that I know. He is also known to have found a crippled deer or two.
                        The world needs more Little Roy Hindes.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

My Grandfather was friends with his dad, and we had a pasture leased on the Hindes from 1963 -1991. They were way ahead of the times in managing for big deer. Loved that place! Fell in love with those dogs back then, and glad to have some of my own now! He is a Texas Icon.

Comment

Great video! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Good video, I've never had to call in a dog but if or when I do I've got his number saved in my phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X