AR Pistola build list help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First and foremost, I don't know AR's well. I've shot them a little and dropped a trigger in one as that's the extent of my knowledge. I build bolt guns in my shop and that's what I shoot and build for myself and customers. However, for some reason I want an AR pistol real bad to stick my can on for piggies. I assume I'd like a 10.5" barrel but not knowing AR's well or the parts I'd like some help from any of the pros here. I'm an FFL and I wouldn't mind getting to know some of the better manufacturers as I've had quite a few people wanting me to order lowers for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are so many possibilities with ARs. I built one in 300blk with a 10.5" barrel so I can shoot subsonic and suppressed for piggies.

Comment

IMO 300 BO really stands out for a pistol.

Comment

The possibilities are endless and the opinions are even greater.lol

I’ve got more AR’s than you can shake a stick at, some expensive and some cheap and some Frankenstein builds. But so far I’ve found for hog hunting and target shooting, they all go bang and are more accurate than I am. Just know that there is a 0% chance of you ever getting your money back if you rig it up yourself, probably even if you’re buying wholesale. But AR’s are Barbie dolls for men and they are super fun to shoot.

These are my 2 cents and I’m not one of those “my way or the highway guys”, this is just what I’m doing for my NV/thermal setups and it works good for me. (I sell NV/thermal for a living)

I’ve got 3 pistols and they are all Palmetto State Armory and besides the cheap triggers I can’t say anything bad about them. I really like the 10.5” barrel and in both .223 and .300blk. Honestly, if starting from scratch, I’d go .300blk because the ammo is affordable and it’s just a nice little bump from .233 but whatever you do will be fine.

I use the SBTactical brace on a KAK extended pistol buffer tube which is nice if maybe feel like putting it to your should sometime.....I know that’s not your intent in building it though....... Go ahead before you build the rig and decide how you want to carry it, 2 point or single point sling and that way you can order the sling adapters while you’re getting other parts.

Here is one of my .300blk thermal rigs.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Outdoor Legacy; 06-28-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I don't know much about them either, except the one I bought on here was worth the money, plenty accurate, handy on the golf cart, and begs for a can. Had to put an adjustable gas block on it because it was pretty gassy behind the action after adding the can, but that was my only complaint.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              The possibilities are endless and the opinions are even greater.lol

I’ve got more AR’s than you can shake a stick at, some expensive and some cheap and some Frankenstein builds. But so far I’ve found for hog hunting and target shooting, they all go bang and are more accurate than I am. Just know that there is a 0% chance of you ever getting your money back if you rig it up yourself, probably even if you’re buying wholesale. But AR’s are Barbie dolls for men and they are super fun to shoot.

These are my 2 cents and I’m not one of those “my way or the highway guys”, this is just what I’m doing for my NV/thermal setups and it works good for me. (I sell NV/thermal for a living)

I’ve got 3 pistols and they are all Palmetto State Armory and besides the cheap triggers I can’t say anything bad about them. I really like the 10.5” barrel and in both .223 and .300blk. Honestly, if starting from scratch, I’d go .300blk because the ammo is affordable and it’s just a nice little bump from .233 but whatever you do will be fine.

I use the SBTactical brace on a KAK extended pistol buffer tube which is nice if maybe feel like putting it to your should sometime.....I know that’s not your intent in building it though....... Go ahead before you build the rig and decide how you want to carry it, 2 point or single point sling and that way you can order the sling adapters while you’re getting other parts.

Here is one of my .300blk thermal rigs.

If you decide to go with the SB brace mentioned let me know, I have I don’t need

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                First and foremost, I don't know AR's well. I've shot them a little and dropped a trigger in one as that's the extent of my knowledge. I build bolt guns in my shop and that's what I shoot and build for myself and customers. However, for some reason I want an AR pistol real bad to stick my can on for piggies. I assume I'd like a 10.5" barrel but not knowing AR's well or the parts I'd like some help from any of the pros here. I'm an FFL and I wouldn't mind getting to know some of the better manufacturers as I've had quite a few people wanting me to order lowers for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                go to ar15.com

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Last edited by oneisnone; 06-28-2018, 06:01 PM. Reason: I don’t want to visit the cooler

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    Ah, re-read sir. I already make money and if you'd like a 1000 yard bolt rig that's **** purdy just holler at me Only asked about the lowers since I've gotten a bunch of requests that I've had to turn down since I'm not an AR-savvy guy....yet.

Outdoor Legacy, I'd like to stick with a 308 if possible just because I have all of the brass, dies, etc. I've watched around 1000000 youtube videos and there seems to be quite a few folks with the 308 pistols so I may give that a try but let me know your opinion on that if you would. My issue is I'm ignorant as to getting a hold of all of the parts and if I should buy them from one place, multiple dealers or just buy a finished rig and be done with it. Not terribly concerned on price but I probably don't need to go spending 2500 on one although that's pretty easy to do if you Cadillac it out. Looks like a 308 pistol may be best to build since most of the shelf rigs are 5.56 or 300BO that I've seen. BTW, the rig in your pic is about exactly what I had pictured for mine.

One thing I do want (or think I do) is to be able to switch the springs out to shoot subs and supers since I already load both. Opinions on that are welcome as well.
                    Last edited by kck; 06-28-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Build a PSA 300 Blk like Jason at outdoor legacy has. Put a CMC trigger on it and you are good to go

Comment

Hmmmm can’t say I’ve ever seen an AR10 pistol.

That doesn’t sound fun to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Hmmmm can’t say I’ve ever seen an AR10 pistol.

That doesn’t sound fun to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree.

If your stuck on 308 you want a rifle. If you want a 10.5” pistol go 300 BO or 223

Here is a 10.5” 300 BO I built with dependability and cost as my primary concerned. It has proven 100% dependable so far. My only accuracy concerns on this build was minute of bad guy inside 50 yards but have been pleasantly surprised by pretty good 100 yard groups.

Last edited by bboswell; 06-28-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

If I were to build one, it would be a 6.8 SPC. Plenty of power for pigs and.....I just like the cartridge. Both my pig rifles are 6.8s and I've punched a bunch of pigs with them. The only ones that ever ran were the ones that were running when I shot them.

Comment

10.5 inch 308, with a “brace”... I’m gonna agree with Mike D on that one. Plus it would be brutal on your suppressor baffles.

I’ve had pretty good luck with palmetto state builds too, they are decent for cheap. I like aero precision and spikes tactical lowers. Seekins, Larue, and Noveske are real nice, but you pay for it. Ive seen issues with Anderson QC, but nothing too bad. Lots and lots of good options out there, it’s a never ending worm hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X