Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

When does a deer stop being wounded?
    from what it sounds like this is the question here. someone earlier said the deer was caught on camera at a feeder 2 days after the first shot. if he was at a feeder eating 2 days later, is he mortally wounded and in need of being "ethically" dispatched?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      from what it sounds like this is the question here. someone earlier said the deer was caught on camera at a feeder 2 days after the first shot. if he was at a feeder eating 2 days later, is he mortally wounded and in need of being "ethically" dispatched?
      IMO, No.

Comment

I dont know Travis but he sounds like a really great guy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
          "we looked at the video and it was just a little further back then we would've liked, so we're gonna back out and wait a lil bit"

Honestly, who am I kidding? If that monster walked out on me I wouldn't be able to find the peep little own the correct pin lol. Congrats to whoever killed that son of a gun
          love that quote its hilarious and so common, as I'm sure was your intention in using it... other great ones...."I'm tickled to death", "that old brute", "that buck is a toad", in print..."Old logging road",

Comment

I know Travis to be a Godly man. I believe if anything was done wrong it was by accident . . . . I'm more confident nothing was done wrong.

18 pages in a day is probably more fun but I've been privy to the hunt for this animal for a number of years and i'm betting all will be cleared up and the deer will be over the mantle.

Comment

Really????
              18 pages read....clicked on a GW video 10 times, watched girls with hoola hoops a few times (gonna leave it at that).....and no resolution or complete story???

I hope it all works out for the hunter, from what others have said about him, he sounds like a stand up guy and a heck of a deer.

This is why I refuse to shoot big bucks, I'm a cull and doe hunter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                This is not our story to tell. Travis is my brother and I'm sure the GW are reading this thread. Wait till this thing blows over.

If one thing the GW's can take away from this is they'll be hard-pressed to find anyone more honest than Travis. If he told me it's raining buffalo dung outside, I'm bringing an umbrella.

I literally will trust this man with my life and he's the only non-military person I know that I would put that level of trust in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                While I'm checking this thread religiously, this is the truth of the matter. To all who are saying "if you know, tell us"...I hope that friends of mine would respect me enough to keep their knowledge to themselves until/unless I want it told. From the little tidbits that have been shared, it sounds like an overzealous GW, who is deciding to work on the far right side of the judgement call. I could be wrong tho...I've been divorced twice 😂

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  Im not sure of the particulars on this story, but I had pics of a buck that was showing up to a feeder "trying" to eat. I had never seen this buck before I got the pics. You could tell something was up with his mouth but I wasnt sure what. I told anyone that saw him to shoot him, he was a very mature buck so that wasnt an issue. My brother ended up shooting him at a feeder a two miles away from where the pics where taken a few days later. His mouth was very damaged and he stunk to high heaven. Not a rut stink but an infection stink. He strung him up and started skinning him but it was obvious the meat was no good. So I guess my point is that just because he was at a feeder doesnt mean he wasnt in bad shape and in need of being dispatched. I guess it will all come out sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    Well, she wasn't Lexi Pantera.......but she'll do in a pinch.......with a paper sack.......and a push-up bra
                    I had to Google that one ... oh what a worm hole this forum creates!

Comment

I'm sorry for not reading the 900 comments to search out the answer for myself but can someone elaborate on the timeline here...

1. When was the deer killed?

2. When was the deer confiscated?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        He's a noobie... just joined a couple month back and tryin' to get his post count up...
                        yup

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          So why did the Diamond Dave Ninji fightin' styles thread get whacked?
                          I'd like to know also. This thread took so much time I forgot about garage ninja. THAT could be the only real answer we get.

P.S. hulla hoop has too much clothes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                            While I'm checking this thread religiously, this is the truth of the matter. To all who are saying "if you know, tell us"...I hope that friends of mine would respect me enough to keep their knowledge to themselves until/unless I want it told. From the little tidbits that have been shared, it sounds like an overzealous GW, who is deciding to work on the far right side of the judgement call. I could be wrong tho...I've been divorced twice 😂
                            I'm sure I'll catch ***** for this but from the little tidbits that have been shared it sounds like the deer was shot, was seen at a feeder eating corn, then shot again 2 days later after legal shooting time, making it illegal

For all I know the information I have stated above was made up by someone on this thread but If any of the above is true, I don't see how the game warden was being overzealous? I understand that the hunter is an outstanding person but illegal is illegal and the game warden has a job to do. Can't let him off because he goes to church every Sunday.

Comment

I KNOW this much: When this thread ends the productivity quotient of the Texas workforce is going up dramatically.

Comment

And we wonder why news and Fake news (if there's any difference) have such an impact on our society. Especially with social media.....................

Speculation: The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X