NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Ok. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I didn't answer.

That's a poor attempt. Again, stick-and-move, classic liberal stunt. I'm not stupid so, please don't insult my intelligence. You're not going to shake me. If you ask me if it's raining where I am and I answer with, "I don't like french fries", I did not answer your question. I merely replied. Please exercise the distinction.

If you have no way to answer, please just say so. It's far better than this game of grab my a*s. We can debate merit if you choose to but that has not been the case for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      Sympathy is an emotion and when compared to Constitutional Rights, it means naught.
      I don't disagree however,

Our constitutional rights are well and truly trampled in any number of ways already. We can't count on the judicial branch to take a strict constructionist view of the constitution to protect them which leaves the legislative where the sheeple's representatives do their bidding. (granted they run rogue but we get our just deserts for electing them in the first place.)
      Sympathy is the thing that is often required to keep them from ceding any more of our rights.
      I wish it weren't the case but I think the NRA is looking at the big picture and has determined they had better ameliorate the bulk of folks who can't understand why anyone "needs" a bump stock and are determined to maintain what little good will they can to fight the bigger fight that is inevitable.

I am afraid we have reached the tipping point in society and will begin to fall rapidly.

Comment

Because I think they can too easily be used to harm people and I don't see any benefit to society by allowing them. Sure, as the poster above me said "cool toy". I'm OK without the cool toys if it adds any safety to innocent people. I bet the victims don't much care about the cool toy.
        I don't own a bump stock. But I am against banning them.

Your argument (and most liberals) seems to be that nobody"needs" a bump stock...there is not a value to society in having them around. I take issue with that argument.

The Constitution is all about individual liberty (aka freedom). I don't need a "need" in order to have the right to own something...I have the right to own things that you may not see value in because I have liberty.

The slippery slope of your "needs" based argument is that there is no end to it. Forget guns for a second, and let Nancy Pelosi go through your pantry at home. I bet you have plenty of food choices that you don't really need. Nobody in society does, and obesity is a huge killer. For that matter, we don't need pizza, burritos, chicken fried steak, etc etc. Think all of that is a stretch? NYC already banned 20 oz softdrinks. If they had their way, we'd all be eating tofu for every meal.

I'll stick with my venison, killed with my suppressed .300 blackout AR-15. I prefer the liberty to choose.

Comment

And for the record, I sold that gun and all of my others after I killed that venison...

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post

Your argument (and most liberals) seems to be that nobody"needs" a bump stock...there is not a value to society in having them around. I take issue with that argument.

The Constitution is all about individual liberty (aka freedom). I don't need a "need" in order to have the right to own something...I have the right to own things that you may not see value in because I have liberty.

The slippery slope of your "needs" based argument is that there is no end to it. Forget guns for a second, and let Nancy Pelosi go through your pantry at home. I bet you have plenty of food choices that you don't really need. Nobody in society does, and obesity is a huge killer. For that matter, we don't need pizza, burritos, chicken fried steak, etc etc. Think all of that is a stretch? NYC already banned 20 oz softdrinks. If they had their way, we'd all be eating tofu for every meal.

I'll stick with my venison, killed with my suppressed .300 blackout AR-15. I prefer the liberty to choose.
            Just to play devil's advocate....
            What if the Facebook guy wanted to buy a M1 Abrahms tank complete with munitions.
            Should he be able to buy it?

Where do we draw the line?

Edit:
            And for the record I priced out a AR package chambered in .223 with the CMG 22LR mod as well as bumpstocks and a Silencer Shop can.

I decided against it right now as I have no need for such a toy and my kids are too young to be around that.
            Once they broke into my jeep and style my guns while I went into the gas station in Tenaha I haven't replaced them.
            Last edited by texansfan; 10-06-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

NRA seems to agree with me and the liberals.

Is it legal to deer hunt with a silencer?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                What if the Facebook guy wanted to buy a M1 Abrahms tank complete with munitions.
                Should he be able to buy it?.
                Yes. It's his right. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Comment

In some states, yes it is legal.

Comment

Yes. It's his right. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
                    Now you're catching on!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Now you're catching on!
                      Pretty ridiculous, huh? Defys common sense.

Comment

The NRA is misguided, along with you and the libs.

Yes, it is legal to hunt with a suppressor in Texas.

Comment

NRA seems to want to appease me as a liberal.

Fify

Comment

Yes, it is legal to hunt with a suppressor in Texas.
                            I did not know that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              Should he be able to buy it?

Where do we draw the line?

Edit:
                              And for the record I priced out a AR package chambered in .223 with the CMG 22LR mod as well as bumpstocks and a Silencer Shop can.

I decided against it right now as I have no need for such a toy and my kids are too young to be around that.
                              Once they broke into my jeep and style my guns while I went into the gas station in Tenaha I haven't replaced them.
                              It depends on whether or not a tank fits within the definition of "arms." I think it should be legal, and I would have no problem with him owning one.

Before you take the argument to F-22's, tomahawk missiles, and nukes...there is some point where they are no longer arms. I don't know what that point is, and I don't feel like wasting the brain energy to try to figure it out right now.

Comment

Liberals are usually book smart people. They lack common sense. Always have the need to tell other people what they need or don't need. After all they know best. It's in their genetic makeup to try to fix things.

For instance you see water on the floor. You have a leak under the sink. A liberals solution is to put a bucket to catch the drip, then pound his/her chest about how they fixed the problem. After all there is no water on the floor. Eventually the bucket fills up so their solution is to get a bigger bucket. Convincing themselves that eventually a bigger bucket will solve the problem.

They have the same solution with gun control. Keep banning things until there is nothing left to ban.

Comment

Working...
                                X