Sitka or asat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitka or asat?

love both have used asat before but its time to either buy more or change... what are yalls thoughts for a complete system...ASAT OR SITKA??

I want to be like everyone else and recommend a third choice. KUIU

Comment

Once you get up to those higher price points I think you're best served by going with what fits you the best, the quality of the workmanship will be good with First Lite/Sitka/Kuiu and they're all made with high quality materials. Sitka ended up being the best choice for my build/body structure, and I don't buy it unless it's on sale. Being able to piece together a setup over the course of a year and some change vs buying all at once allowed me to save 50% over retail with no tax/shipping costs. If I needed to buy it all in one shot the decision would probably have been more difficult to make, but I've been more than pleased with the performance of the gear and will keep adding to the collection as opportunities become available.
      Last edited by agtex42; 09-23-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

thanks agtex42 i just gotta make up my mind i guess love the leafy3d suit but tends to get snagged and rips when stalking just looking for all possibilities how does the actual material hold up? noisy?

Comment

bump

Comment

I have one piece of both, like them both and not sure where ASAT is made but SITKA is OVERPRICED for being made in CHINA. Have no problem paying for good camo made in the US, but not from CHINA then marked up 200% profit... smh

Comment

that seems to be my hangup is the price... is it really worth the dollar amount

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
                that seems to be my hangup is the price... is it really worth the dollar amount
                No, your buying the camo pattern and the name just like a YETI... I have some GameGuard I like.

Comment

Tagged. Just bought my first piece of Sitka, the traverse sub alpine hoody. Excited to try it out but ultimately going to do like agtex and slowly buy when there are discounts. My goal is to no longer wear 5 layers and be looking like the Michelin man.

ASAT is a pattern by First Lite btw.

Comment

asat is a better, more versatile pattern imo

Comment

First lite or asat

Comment

Sitka is hideous

Comment

I'm a big fan of ASAT. I try to get first lite stuff for most of it. My cold weather pants are ASAT brand. The First Lite bibs are too hot. Sanctuary and Woodbury jackets are awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                            I have one piece of both, like them both and not sure where ASAT is made but SITKA is OVERPRICED for being made in CHINA. Have no problem paying for good camo made in the US, but not from CHINA then marked up 200% profit... smh

Exactly.

Comment

i like sitka for desert hunter (southern Arizona)
                              I use the light weight stuff and it's very breathable and antimicrobial.
                              only buy it when it's 50% off

Comment

Working...
                              X