Athlon scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athlon scopes

Anyone have any opinions / use the Athlon BTR 4.5-27X50 APLR3 FFP IR MOA scope ? My son just bought me one for my 7mag . He wants us to start doing some long range shooting . I`m excited to try some long range shooting with a scope you can adjust to compensate for distance instead of holdover guessing on a target .
    Anyway this seems like a very nice scope . He won`t tell me what he paid for it , so I`m guessing it is a upper quality scope .

They are a dang good scope. I have the ares on my 6.5 Grendel and I love it. They have prices from $100 to $1700. They honor their lifetime warranty.

Comment

My buddy said Athlon has same glass as Zeiss...First I heard of them until he showed me and told me.

Comment

The glass is well above their price points. All of my customers have been happy with them. Initially some were complaining that the clicks were somewhat mushy and not audible enough, but all the ones I've gotten in the past month have been really good, the problem must have been fixed.

Comment

They have a stellar reputation for glass and mechanicals. Why not use mil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know. My son just asked which I would like and I knew MOA was in 1/4 inch. Thought it would be easier. Why would one be better than the other ?

Comment

In my opinion one isn't necessarily better than another. I switched over from MOA to mil a few years back and doubt I'll ever go back to MOA.

Athlon has their reticles and turrets matching, not all companies do. So the hold overs in the reticles and the clicks on the turrets will be either mil/mil or moa/moa, makes things much easier for long range shooting.

Comment

I’ll be ordering an ares BTR. I did a review on the Helos and the Ares for an optics shop. Put hem on my rifle. Zeroed at 100. Shot from 100-800 on 10”x10” steel plates. Dialing up and down. Tracks with the best of them. Honestly that’s my number 1 concern on a distance shooting scope. Only downside for me was the eye relief. Just couldn’t get use to it, but I didn’t adjust my cheek piece because my scope was going back on. Glass was good, love the reticle, even at 800 yards didn’t overpower the steel plate. Heard lots of talk about the turrets not being audible and being squishy. On the 6 I checked out none of them had any of those issues. Might have just been on the early runs. I was shooting the mil version.

This was at 650, target against tree line across the pit.

What’s left of a SST on a 1/2” steel plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are supposed to be very nice for the coin. I hear a lot of good and no bad so far.

Very intriguing

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I haven't used one. But every serious shooter I've asked about them said they are awful. Most say, and I quote "like looking through a paper towel roll". Keep in mind these are guys using high end optics. Actually using them. Maybe they are good. Maybe they suck. I'm out from what I'm told. Screams vortex round 2 haha

Comment

I have the Cronus BTR which is their top end optic. Looks good from my living room but haven’t had time to make it to the range to really test it out. I’ve read that they are good scopes but if you want really nice glass you need to get the Cronus. It has a noticeable difference in clarity from the ones below it from what I’ve read. I’ll update when I get to make it to the range.

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
                        I don't know. My son just asked which I would like and I knew MOA was in 1/4 inch. Thought it would be easier. Why would one be better than the other ?
                        For the same reasons the metric system is so much more logical than standard. If you’re starting from scratch it just makes more sense when you start dialing. Whatever you’re most comfortable with though.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          I haven't used one. But every serious shooter I've asked about them said they are awful. Most say, and I quote "like looking through a paper towel roll". Keep in mind these are guys using high end optics. Actually using them. Maybe they are good. Maybe they suck. I'm out from what I'm told. Screams vortex round 2 haha
                          awful compared to us optics and s&b? or awful compared to similarly priced optics? ive got an ares btr on the way and now im a bit worried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                            awful compared to us optics and s&b? or awful compared to similarly priced optics? ive got an ares btr on the way and now im a bit worried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                            Similarly priced optics. Atacr. Nxs. Gen 2 razor. Mark 6 leupold. Sigs higher end. Etc. I trust these guys 100% on this info. It'll be a long time maybe never before I try one. Very hard for a new company to come out and charge that kind of coin. Give us an honest review once you've used it. I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                            X