Best Way to Bake Potato?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microwave fan here too

Wash, poke a few holes in it, wrap in saran wrap, or an open ziploc will work, nuke for 7-8 minutes and poke the center with a fork. If its not done, add another minute or two. Perfect every time and I prefer the skin on a microwaved potato versus a baked one.

Comment

wash poke holes in it with fork rub with butter then heres the best part wrap whole potato with bacon then wrap with foil and put in oven and when that potato comes out don't tell me why but the bacon makes the whole potato taste different (better) and the bacon makes for a good topping

bacon makes all better

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
        Dip in bacon grease then sprinkle with kosher salt.
        400 in oven.
        I like a little crisp skin on my baked potatoes so the microwave doesn't work for me.
        Same here, I use Crisco. I love the crunchy skin.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Boil that sucker about 20 minutes. take out and roll in sea salt
          I think he's asking about baking a potato, not boiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mogrin73 View Post
            Put em in a plastic grocery sack and tie the loops together. it will help act as a steamer in the microwave
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^This how we do them

Comment

covered bowl sliced up till you get the tenderness you want add sour cream butter cheese BEACON and you are good to go

Comment

Originally posted by tod View Post
                Wash it, wrap a WET paper towel around it, put it in a zip lock, leave zip lock open, put it in microwave.
                It will come out moist.
                4-8 minutes
                this^^^^^

Comment

Pierce potato with a fork a bunch of times. Wrap in foil with a tablespoon of olive oil and a clove of minced garlic. Bake at 425 for a hour. Incredible!

Comment

I don't poke holes in my taters. They seem to dry out more when I do that.

Comment

Originally posted by moe monsarrat View Post
                      Pierce potato with a fork a bunch of times. Wrap in foil with a tablespoon of olive oil and a clove of minced garlic. Bake at 425 for a hour. Incredible!
                      Kool thread. We will try a couple of these ideas, and this one will be first..........

Comment

I guess there is more than one way to bake a potato

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I don't poke holes in my taters. They seem to dry out more when I do that.
                          Lucky they don't blow up!

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                            and stick a 16d nail in it. It will help it cook from the inside too.
                            I have a handful of aluminum nails for this--aluminum is a much better conductor of heat than iron/steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                              I smear mine w/ butter.
                              Sprinkle w/ sea salt.
                              Wrap in tin foil.
                              Oven for about an hour to 1.5 hrs depending on size of potatoe at 425 degrees.
                              This is the best way.

Comment

When we hunted in Mexico we had a piece of pipe about 3' long with a handle made of rebar welded on it. Season the taters with salt or Tony's and wrap in foil.

Slide the taters inside of the pipe and put the pipe in the coals and cover it. The pipe heating up would cook the taters evenly all around and it cooked them quicker than in the oven....

If I can find it, I'll take pics and put it on the D-I-Y thread...

Oh, yeah... we also had a poker made out of rebar to shove them out of the pipe when they're done.

Comment

Working...
                                X