• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 32

Ok, here it is:

Take a regular water bottle and cut it in half like this:

Figure out a way to get it in your target like this (I used 2 sticks):

You are shooting for the opening in the end of the water bottle. The shot is sitting in a hunting chair from 13yds (6.5yds for kiddos).

If you do not get in the opening on the first try, keep shooting at it till you do. The winner is the person who gets in the opening in the fewest tries. If you get in the opening on the first try, keep shooting till you get it again. If there is more than one person who gets it on the first arrow, the second one in the fewest attempts will be the winner!

Have fun, and here is mine:

First arrow, edge of shaft to edge of opening - 1.5” (That measurement does not mean anything. I just measured it because I wanted to see how far off I was on the first shot.):

I beat the bottle all to heck with the next 28 shots!

Shot 30 finally hit the mark:

Have fun!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks fun. Just need to take 31 shots . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm 14 arrows in and no holes.

Comment

27th shot.

Last edited by DRT; 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

DRT - the new leader in the clubhouse!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Good shooting, y'all!

Got me worried that I was going to need an extra durable means of securing bottle to target, so I taped it to a piece of cardboard. Also, left (bow arm) elbow has a little soreness, so figured I'd break out the little 55# Ben Pearson that I haven't shot in forever, in case I needed 20 or 30 shots -- instead of the 70#-er.

Well, I wounded the bottle with the second arrow and nailed it dead center with the fourth shot!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Whew. I 5hought you guys would leave me hanging with the call. Good shotting Ellis. You'd best get started on the thinking now.

Comment

Thanks, Gary. Pretty pleased to shoot the little bow well after such a long time not picking it up. (I call it little because -- while 55#, it's only 52 inches long.)

I knew you would be glad to be off the "hook" for the next call. LOL.

Comment

I shoot for mediocrity every time.🤪

Comment

Very nice Ellis! I knew someone would nail it quickly. I beat the bottle all to heck (all of which would be great kill shots) with only a couple fliers. I just couldn’t get one in the opening till #30!

Ellis is the new leader in the clubhouse!!

Bisch

Comment

I had that as well. Which is frustrating shooting so close. But it was fun to keep hearing the bottle crackle then walk up and be disappointed. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Very nice Ellis! I knew someone would nail it quickly. I beat the bottle all to heck (all of which would be great kill shots) with only a couple fliers. I just couldn’t get one in the opening till #30!

Ellis is the new leader in the clubhouse!!

Bisch

Thanks, Jerry!

And that's the fun and worthwhile practice in these challenges. When you're hitting the plastic or very close to a bottle like that, those are all good shots. Just fun to try and get one in the opening, which would be like picking a particular chamber on a critter's heart. That's another reason I like to call realistic hunting distances like this on challenges.

Comment

I went out this evening and tried it again just for grins. Got my 6rh shot in the bottle opening! It don’t count, and it don’t beat Ellis anyway, but I was happy to see it happen!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            I went out this evening and tried it again just for grins. Got my 6rh shot in the bottle opening! It don’t count, and it don’t beat Ellis anyway, but I was happy to see it happen!

Bisch

Attaway!

And that's just what I'm talking about. This stuff is kind of fun AND you can get better doing it ... and doing it some more just BECAUSE.

Comment

Shot #9.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X