Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Thanks for take-n us a long fellers!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
    Yep, this has been fun.

Comment

Thanks guys for taking us along

Comment

I'll bring y'all along at Laguna atascosa after Christmas if I have cell service.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
          I'll bring y'all along at Laguna atascosa after Christmas if I have cell service.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
          That will be fun, good luck to ya.

Comment

Good reads, thanks

Comment

The story!
              I set up under a cedar that others before me had used, there were cut cedar branches laying all around it. Had trails crossing in every direction with some good woods straight out in front. Got the popup up, the chair, bow, arrows, tool bucket, backpack, and extra clothes bag hid away inside. Grabbed my corn and laid out a couple lines to bring them in and some alfalfa blocks in hopes they would come to it. Put the rest of the corn and alfalfa inside the blind and crawled inside.
              I was finished and catching my breath at 1:40pm, time to start hunting. Saw a couple go across around 3:20 and got serious in the looking for deer. I had a few windows opened to keep myself hidden from close encounters. The does came in straight out front in a blind spot, I caught a glimpse of them and avoided them by moving my head away. I watched them move to my left and got my bow up waiting for them to come into my shooting lane.
              The smaller doe kept moving left and momma doe turned back to the right. This was good because I needed separation to make the shot. Momma kept moving right so I sat up tall to get the shot out a front window and she turned to look at me. Too late, the carbon bolt with a rage broadhead was on the way and buried in right behind her shoulder. Momma jumped into the air what seemed like 6 foot and then took off.
              I watched as they ran off and lost momma as the other cut to the left and ran off. After about 10 minutes I began looking and found good blood that turned into spotty blood. After what seemed forever looking there she was piled up about 150 yards straight out in those woods in front of me.
              The payoff was there, and I was very thankful for another year of success at Kerrville.

Comment

Just seeing this and catching up. Thanks for taking us along, Tim, and kudos on the doe!

Comment

Hey Tim, you makin' sausage yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Hey Tim, you makin' sausage yet?
                    Guy in Kerrville is making it, Tommy took his axis doe and some of mine to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X