No announcement yet.

Custom Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some nice rifles here. Funny, I was just about to create a thread on this. I've been shopping for a 300 win mag for several weeks now. I just cant find anything that I'm completely satisfied with. Thinking about going the custom route. My main concern is my budget was going to stop me from doing this.

Comment

S&s precision in argyle tx

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck8 View Post
        Hill Country Rifles in New Braunfels would be a good start. I'm talking to them now about a rifle. $3000 and up up up!!

You are about to take it in the rear price wise if you buy anything from them. Just a friendly "dont do it"! Get with one of us that know a little something and it will save you a fortune!

Comment

x2 for Travis Pollock and Texas Custom Rifles. Travis is a former Marine from my hometown. Guns were always his passion, so he decided to start building custom rifles for people around town, and then his business took off. He does a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by zappmaster View Post
            Does anyone know if anyone can make a custom rifle that looks like or have a Rem Sendero built. If so start throwing some custom rifle makers in Texas. Also what is usual price for a rifle?

When it comes down to it any rifle builder can do that... its up to you to find the knowledge to make it right for the right price...

Comment

Another for S&S. They do great work.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                Texascustomrifles.com

Travis builds a fine rifle. Have one, and 2 more on the way. He's got a build with a budget for any rifle.

That is one sweet gun...

Comment

Chad Stanley
                  Titan Weapons
                  Benbrook, Tx

817-933-9017

Comment

I use S&S

Comment

My Beadland Rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Roz View Post

My Beadland Rifle.
                        Beanland? or do you really mean beadland? Only one i am aware of is beanland....

To the OP. West Texas Ordnance in Ackerly Tx builds all mine and my brothers. Hard to beat the prices and they will shoot just as good as anyone else. They are currently building me a 6.5-284 norma on a stiller action and fixing to get another build going through them.

Comment

You are correct sry for the type o

Comment

Just buy a sendero...my factory one shoots as good as I can.

Comment

I just talked to Jon Beanland yesterday (he is about 45 miles from me), and had him put me in line for a rebuild on my Remington 40X that the barrel is shot out in. He is in Oklahoma, but barely. He is a good guy, and really knows his stuff. He is running about 6 months out right now, but then again, for some barrels you will wait nearly that long anyways. I ordered my barrel from Bartlein yesterday as well, and they estimated it would be 4-5 months. I would be leery of anyone who could start next week anyways, most good smiths are backed up at least a few months unless they have a big shop with several people working there.

My advice would be to figure out what kind of rifle you want exactly, then find a smith that does that kind of work, that has a good rep, and talk to him. Most have their specialties, and matching the smith to the build helps a lot. That way you aren't butting heads. Here in Texas I have used Mike Bryant (top notch, but not taking work right now), and Tip Burns down at Canyon Sporting Arms by San Antonio.

Comment

You will be happy he is a great guy to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X