Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlaw38 View Post
    Where do you get pvc sand screens at ?
    your thinking to far ahead..... my buddy used to work at a pluming/pvc place in Seguin we will probably get it from them or have them order it for us.

AY

Comment

Originally posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
      Cool build. I will be following along to see this thing come to life. We blew our well out a couple of years ago but I think the casing is rusting out and allowing sand to seep back in. If you need a place to test your equipment when its done we are right down the road from you off of McGuill
      if your casing is somewhat still there and the well just filled in over time you could get the well jetted and that might fix it. i think you could jet it yourself if you has access to a big diesel air compressor and enough hose to get to the bottom of the well.
      AY

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
        i think if they can use 1 1/4" sch 40 pipe with regular npt threads to drill down to 125+'. we would be ok to cut the 30' pc to 10' and re-weld on one end but only time will tell. we are probably going to start off with a 2" trash/water pump and see what that does. as for the mixing pit we will either dig a pit or find some type of tank to use.
        AY
        For a cheap mixing tank you can get a few cattle tanks weld equalizer lines and a 2" pump with a coupling for a suction on the bottom and a discharge on top. Mix near the suction and it'll work like a hopper. As long as it's circulating constantly settling shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
          if your casing is somewhat still there and the well just filled in over time you could get the well jetted and that might fix it. i think you could jet it yourself if you has access to a big diesel air compressor and enough hose to get to the bottom of the well.
          AY
          We rented one of the big diesel air compressors and jetted it about a year and a half ago but even at that time we knew we were on limited time. We got to a point where the hose was starting to get stuck as it was filling back in above where the head was. It was not easy getting that sucker out but a little help from John Deer and we got the hose back out. It is still working but its only a matter of time before it fills in again.

Comment

Think I have something you may need, its either 2 3/8 or 2 1/2 pipe with a water well drill bit on 1 end. Pm me if interested

Comment

I'm in the water well business and have been sence I was 5 (n Parker Co.) It's really neat
              that ya r doin that .That's the same design as I think its called rigdrill r rockdrill.u could
              probly get drill pipe from them.Are I know richy brothers (RB) auction is havin an action
              the 1st of Oct. n Ft Worth they always sellin borin machine's with r with out pipe.U need
              to drill at least a 6 3/4 hole to set 4" casing so u won't have well problems.As long as u don't drill ne body else a well you'l b ok thru the state,but u still might need a permit.
              The rig looks alittle light n the britches for 150+ deep hole but u never know.Good luck
              I hope I've helped some.

Comment

nice drill..

Comment

drill rig parts

[QUOTE=yanta61;]

Dear yanta61: I appreciate your post regarding the construction of a well drilling rig. I have been searching for a long time for sources for the major parts required for a rig...but with little success. I am just an old worn out deer hunter and a backyard tinkerer, but I have the tools and the ability to make a small drill rig for a personal well for my garden. I did not see anything on ebay about a swivel that looked like yours. I would appreciate any guidance you or others who read this can give me on sources for the swivel, gearhead, drill stems amd such that I can use for my drill. Thank you for your consideration of this request. Hadley

Comment

Great job. Looks alot like a rig I helped design 20+ years ago. Do a google search for LS100 drilling rig. Alot of good info can be found. That little rig has drilled thousands of wells all over the world.

Comment

Along time ago a friend made one out of a telephone pole digger it was truck mounted and hydrolic. we used the same pipe we used for boring road crossings. Worked great except we kept burning the packing up.Our swivel was to small for the pump. Drilledseveral wells on the ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        Great job. Looks alot like a rig I helped design 20+ years ago. Do a google search for LS100 drilling rig. Alot of good info can be found. That little rig has drilled thousands of wells all over the world.
                        you sound like a Brown and Root guy?

Comment

did this ever get completed and used?

Comment

Still working on it. This is probably going to be the longest DYI ever.
                            Here is another video on some progress i have done.

Comment

Nice work. Will stay tuned into this one. I'm in it for the long haul.

Manwitaplan

Comment

Great D-I-Y engineering

Comment

Working...
                                X