Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still Summer.

Comment

I can't complain buuuut, my utv had a flat, and I started a small grass fire using the burn barrel. Thought it was wet enough after some rain. Next time I'll just use the $300 fire pit!

Comment

Ranch truck won't start unless it's in gear. 4 wheeler has a fuel leak. I'll address both issues this weekend. It was still better than sitting at home.

Comment

Got to the stand late on Saturday. Camera was positioned badly so no idea what's been hitting my area. Decided to do some more mowing after my Saturday morning hunt and blew a tire on the trailer going into the lease. Mowed 20 minutes and spent an hour changing a tire. Went Sunday and had critters all around me until daylight, then nothing. Got a text from my wife asking me to come home because she was getting sick. On top of all that, I realized I didn't have near the cover in my tree I thought I did, and there are no acorns in any of the oaks I'm set up in. But, my LTC came in on Saturday and I got a knife and sheath finished for a client ahead of schedule.

Comment

Acorns.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Deer didn't cooperate
              Cable broke on winch up last night as I lowered it to top it off before I left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, that would have ****** me off on a whole nother level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was deployed. But in Germany now, wheels up in a few hours and headed for home! Will pick the bow up from the shop, practice with the new sight and be in the stand by Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  Acorns.
                  This . My part of Coleman county completely covered in em.

Comment

Had one doe come in to eat hand corn, but stayed pointing right at the tree I was in. Never turned broadside. No shot. Watched this go on for 10 minutes, with the deer at 11 yards. Finally (almost mercifully) she bolted away to tree line.

Will use better hand corning technique next time. Corn should be laid out in lines going away from blind/stand, so that deer will eat at 90-degree angle to line -- hence, broadside. Experts at this like Rick and Garguy suggest placing corn lines so that deer eyes are behind a bush or log when eating so you can draw while their head is down without being seen. I will do this NEXT time!

Consolation: concealment with homemade burlap camo on tree stand must be okay and scent control must be working to last that long, that close before doe bolted.

Comment

Forgot to pack socks. Two cams went down. Spooked two hogs that I didn't notice come in when the sun went down. Still had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                        Absolutely nothing went wrong this weekend. We babysat our 2 grandsons all weekend long. We made T. rex teeth outa plaster, moved some dirt around, ate junk food, made grilled cheese sandwiches on the fire pit. Nope, everything went perfectly! The deer will always be there. Times like these go by too quickly.
                        I usually don't like people that brag, but this is awesome![emoji4] Hope to have this kind of fortune and attitude one day.

Having said that: My side by side starter messed up last week, but I have a back up small 4 wheeler. I forgot my rubber boots, seat cushion, and bow holder Saturday morning. Decided I wanted a new stand for my primary bow spot on Saturday. My old stand was about 12 feet, so everything was trimmed for it. My new stand is 15 feet. I stick out like a sore thumb now. My limb saw broke and my chainsaw oiler got clogged up. A bad day in the woods is still better than a good day at work anytime!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

My dog spoiled my first hunt, a punk band spoiled my second, I spoiled my 3rd missing a 20yard shot on a doe. Then during practice Sunday before my afternoon hunt I bought a Black Hole breadhead target and lost 3 arrows with Muzzy's on them due to passthrough of this cheap POS target. Now I'm down to one arrow so skipped the hunt and hoping to get some arrows and practice in tomorrow so I can hunt Wednesday and Thursday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by KYBourbon View Post
                            Was deployed. But in Germany now, wheels up in a few hours and headed for home! Will pick the bow up from the shop, practice with the new sight and be in the stand by Friday.
                            Preciate your service. Good luck Friday!

Comment

A stupid doe spooked my target buck out after he came in first thing opening morning

Comment

I was just about to draw on a doe when the neighbor fired up his atv to track a wounded deer... He never found it.

Comment

Working...
                                X