Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    And if no one volunteers, then the airline will pick who is to be removed.
    Let's start with moving their employees who didn't need to be somewhere until monday.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

So resisting law enforcement takes backbone? The hipocrisy on here is unreal. A cop shoots someone and it's "do what you're told, and you won't get shot", but a flight crew asks a passenger to get off of aircraft, and it's kiss my *** and make me. Unbelievable.
      Apples and oranges.

The man paid for his seat and was sitting in it. He didn't deserve that kind of treatment due to the negligence of the airline. There were multiple logical alternatives that could have prevented this.
      So resisting law enforcement takes backbone? The hipocrisy on here is unreal. A cop shoots someone and it's "do what you're told, and you won't get shot", but a flight crew asks a passenger to get off of aircraft, and it's kiss my *** and make me. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Their contract is their defense. Pretty simple really.
        Doesn't make it right. That is the whole argument.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
          That...is not what happened...they asked for volunteers, didn't receive enough for the compensation they were offering (which was probably above what they were contractually obligated to offer), did not have enough folks take the oppty & as a last resort implemented their contractual right to excuse the lowest person on the over sold pole
          Sounds more like Martial Law, than customer service.

Comment

And if no one volunteers, then the airline will pick who is to be removed.
            Or simply make other arrangements for their dead-head crew, or up the offer for compensation until someone accepts. Barring insurrection, United's action was unjustified, and -- I guarantee you -- will cost them hundreds of times more than $800.

So, it really was a calculated business decision on United's part: they drew the line at offering $800 to make room for an extra flight crew (apparently not planned well-enough in advance) to get them to Louisville for another flight. That business choice will have considerable reverberations for them, their stock-holders and probably the industry. It will not surprise me to see changes sought and imposed on such practices by an airline regarding seating space. Then certain passengers will need to re-read the fine print on those industry standard contracts of carriage that they seem to so gleefully flout as a badge of honor.
            Last edited by tradtiger; 04-10-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
              Bill was paid. Your defense for them, no matter what the contract says, is ridiculous.

So....if you were on the next flight (where the staff was headed to & the reason a seat was needed on this flight) & that next flight was cancelled because this guy didnt give up his seat (so staff didnt make it on time)..you would be fine with that? Regardless if you were flying for leisure, job interview, death inthe family , etc? You would still say this guy was valid in refusing to give up his seat?

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                Apples and oranges.

The man paid for his seat and was sitting in it. He didn't deserve that kind of treatment due to the negligence of the airline. There were multiple logical alternatives that could have prevented this.

Yep! Like getting your *** up when one of the flight crew tells you to. He caused his own kind of treatment. Law enforcement got him out, not United, so no, it's not apples and oranges.

Comment

I feel like i'm arguing with my sister's kids...i'm out, but can't wait to see some of you in the airport
                  Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

So....if you were on the next flight (where the staff was headed to & the reason a seat was needed on this flight) & that next flight was cancelled because this guy didnt give up his seat (so staff didnt make it on time)..you would be fine with that? Regardless if you were flying for leisure, job interview, death inthe family , etc? You would still say this guy was valid in refusing to give up his seat?
                    Yes, I still believe if the airline overbooked a flight, which they did not do, they needed to push customers for their 'situation', they should be looking at filling seats 1 at a time if need be. Red eye or whatever it takes, without removing a paid customer who has already boarded

Comment

Yes, I still believe if the airline overbooked a flight, which they did not do, they needed to push customers for their 'situation', they should be looking at filling seats 1 at a time if need be. Red eye or whatever it takes, without removing a paid customer who has already boarded

Maybe you should start an airline.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                        That...is not what happened...they asked for volunteers, didn't receive enough for the compensation they were offering (which was probably above what they were contractually obligated to offer), did not have enough folks take the oppty & as a last resort implemented their contractual right to excuse the lowest person on the over sold pole
                        Your "last resort" involved a customer that refused to volunteer to United's request for volunteers so he was assaulted until he was forced to comply with United's request for volunteers.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                          I feel like i'm arguing with my sister's kids...i'm out, but can't wait to see some of you in the airport
                          You need at least 60 post in this thread before you can bail.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Sounds more like Martial Law, than customer service.

To a certain extent, this is correct and necessary due to the unique safety and security circumstances in aviation. 500mph at 30k ft is no place for a democracy. It's not fair but that's how it works.

United could have easily avoided it by bumping up the voucher value. I've seen it dozens of times. No takers to get bumped for a $200 voucher, but $1000 gets 5 hands raised by volunteers. American and Delta seem to be more generous with vouchers in my experience.
                              Unfortunately I'm never able to reschedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                You need at least 60 post in this thread before you can bail.
                                Thankfully...axis are shedding NOW & i'm off next week!!

Comment

Working...
                                X