east texas deer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turkeyslayer View Post
    Has everyone else had a lousey season? We hunt in nat forrest and have not seen many deer we think we had a die off????what do youall think?
    We had a slower then average year in my group that hunt Sabine national forest. Looks like guys on leases had a good year. I just got back after hunting from a week for muzzleloader and only saw three does the whole time. Mind you the weather was bad all week also, but I hunted every spot I see a lot of deer and couldn't reall find them except in one place. Seems like they all moved to one area.

Comment

Had a pretty decent season. Killed my first deer with a bow. Took a nice hill country 8 pointer. Still trapping a bunch of hogs.
      Seeing a ton of deer in Washington co. The AR have really helped the deer herd. Planted some food plots with pretty good results. Going to work pretty hard this spring and summer on more food plots and dig out the protein tube feeders to start a protein regiment this year.

Comment

Slow on our lease in Huntsville. Kill count was way down. Especially does.

Comment

My east TX lease has been slow too. We're MLDP 3 so we're technically still at it and we need the time. Does have been nearly impossible ro come by and only a couple of mature bucks have been taken. I did bag my first deer in the Sam Houston National Forest however, a doe, so it's not been all bad.

Comment

I was only able to get in 10 hunts this year out near Woodville (Tyler County), but only saw deer on one hunt. We have a creek that runs years round through our property and acorns were plentiful. I think the der were mainly moving at night, but it definitely felt like a slower than usual season for me.

Comment

Did not see one buck in the Moore, but know of big bucks being killed.

Comment

Probably worst season I can remember for our lease near magnolia. Hardly any rutting activity that I witnessed. Saw only 2 illegal bucks during day light. Several small bucks on camera at night only. only 1 legal buck on camera at night. Saw 1 hog during day light hours. Last year was better and that was after a major first fire.

Comment

My lease had a slower than normal year. I personally had better luck this year than last year. I got two does and a nice buck. None of my deer were at a feeder when shot and have very few pics of deer at feeders this year. There were only 3 mature bucks killed on my lease in Jasper.

Comment

i hunt in liberty county also slow this year but then again they were doing some clearing during hunting season on our lease .buddy hunts in woodville had a alot of deer on camera but during deer season they started going nocturnal .best thing to do is set up a camera that way you know whats coming to your feeder and when.

Comment

Im in upshur co. And outta 20 or so hunts I've seen 4 does. And 3 were on the same day.lots of Hogs, though. But probably the slowest year as deer go in five yrs out there

Comment

North East Texas was good in numbers, also good in acorns though.

Comment

Hunted in Tyler County by Woodville and we'll just say the season for me was BooBoo... Deer seem to stuff their face during the night, then hide and laugh at me during the day !!!

Comment

It was weird in Liberty Co. this year. Had 8 family members hunting and nobody got a single deer. Everyone usually atleast gets a doe. They were moving at night all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Threadgill View Post
                              It was weird in Liberty Co. this year. Had 8 family members hunting and nobody got a single deer. Everyone usually atleast gets a doe. They were moving at night all season.
                              Same on our lease in Hardin county. Cameras scattered all over lease, not just on feeders, and got very few daytime pics. Still had fresh scrapes last week.

Comment

Not good on my end of Washington Co. 2/3 small bucks few does numbers down.

Comment

Working...
                                X