Just venting/child supprt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just venting/child supprt

I am by no means saying I don't want to help my ex with my son, but my CS just went up to over $1000 a month. I have a decent paying job, and don't Mind paying my fair share, but I truly feel that's a little ridiculous. Maybe not. Wouldn't be so bad but she does not work, and her and her new husband literally take 2-3 vacations a year. Maybe I'm wrong in being upset, but in the last 2 years alone they've been to Hawaii, NYC, a cruise in Mexico, Florida, and I'm fairly sure they drove to Nashville at some point as well. Any other dads have/had to deal with this?

I pay that, and it is steep, but I dont have to deal with her when it comes to money situations for my kiddos, so it's worth it.

She is re-married and does well. I dont understand why she needs my support anymore, but that's the way it is. I also dont understand why a Father who lives in the same school district and has never missed a child support payment in 6 years doesnt get his kids 1/2 the time.

Frustrating process for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      I pay that, and it is steep, but I dont have to deal with her when it comes to money situations for my kiddos, so it's worth it.

She is re-married and does well. I dont understand why she needs my support anymore, but that's the way it is. I also dont understand why a Father who lives in the same school district and has never missed a child support payment in 6 years doesnt get his kids 1/2 the time.

Hate to hear it buddy. If y'all live in same district, should be a no brainer.

Comment

Well ya, on a regular basis, my wife always just tells me, its none of my business what she spends the CS money on. I always say, "that's fine, but college is on you"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
          Well ya, on a regular basis, my wife always just tells me, its none of my business what she spends the CS money on. I always say, "that's fine, but college is on you"
          That only hurts the kid

Comment

Yeah that sucks....why I can't stand when people marry so quick, knock up their girls, and don't understand a marriage is a covenant for better or for worse.

But to each their own. Best of luck

Comment

I don't have any kids yet, but I've always been on the side of dads that get stuck with these outrageous child support bills. I also believe that this aspect of the legal system is grossly unfair in the favor of females.

Can you not request itemized statements and receipts to present to the judge? Mostly to say..."This 1000$/month is not supporting my kid..it's supporting their leisure".

Comment

Thank God I'm not in your shoes but yes I agree that is a total sham. No way in heck it costs $1,000 per month to raise a kid. Besides you should only have to pay half of what it costs to raise them.

Comment

Child Support in Texas is so lop sided. I pay $1500 child support + 100% of her Health Insurance and 1/2 of medical and 1/2 of Tutoring. All added up it comes out to about $2000.00 a month. No way in hell does it cost that much to raise 1 child in Burnet County that attends public school.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
                    I am by no means saying I don't want to help my ex with my son, but my CS just went up to over $1000 a month. I have a decent paying job, and don't Mind paying my fair share, but I truly feel that's a little ridiculous. Maybe not. Wouldn't be so bad but she does not work, and her and her new husband literally take 2-3 vacations a year. Maybe I'm wrong in being upset, but in the last 2 years alone they've been to Hawaii, NYC, a cruise in Mexico, Florida, and I'm fairly sure they drove to Nashville at some point as well. Any other dads have/had to deal with this?
                    I have never been divorced but I know that my wife and I spend way more than 1k a month raising our daughter. Kids are expensive, bottom line! How old is your son and how often do you have him at your place?

I have several divorced friends/family that pay a hefty chunk of change every month. They all seem to feel the same as you do. My thoughts: If your ex is a good mom and raising your child right I think the courts have not been too hard on you. However, if your ex is always pawning your kid off on the grandparents and spending the CS money on herself I would be ****** as well. If the latter is the case your son will realize what is going on at some point and have some resentment towards his mother.

All you can do is make sure he is raised right while you have him, show him what a solid parent looks like. Fight for him if he is not getting the love and care he deserves at his mothers house. Be there for him as he grows up, and show/tell him how much you love him every chance you get. Time flies, I often wonder how my small baby girl is about to be 13.
                    Last edited by -HIC-; 11-14-2017, 09:30 AM. Reason: Called your son a daughter by mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                      That only hurts the kid
                      If I run into this, I will have no problem telling my 18 year old how much her mama was given. The month my CS stopped having to go to daycare by ex bought a 30k car and a trip to mexico with her bf.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Yeah that sucks....why I can't stand when people marry so quick, knock up their girls, and THEN SHE don't understand a marriage is a covenant for better or for worse.

But to each their own. Best of luck
                        fify

I also dont understand why a Father who lives in the same school district and has never missed a child support payment in 6 years doesnt get his kids 1/2 the time.
                        AMEN
                        Last edited by trjones87; 11-14-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

It only goes up after they are 18. College tuition, rent, utilities, gas, food, insurance, etc etc.....

Comment

I raised my daughter & never got one cent from her mom & im raising my 8yo son now & have yet 2 see a effin penny...

Comment

Heck we live less then 10minutes apart and I wanted 50/50 but courts decided it was in his best interest to not go that route. Never understood why they always lean in favor of the mother even if the father was a better living situation and still financially supports everything. I mean if the mother needs the support to financially support the kid and the father does not need the financial support wouldn't the father be a better home for the child? I don't think they look at it case by case but just make sure the current standard orders would be ok and just go with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X