Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

“My life word for word” Deerplanter. Good for you brother. 8 years sober here, taking it one day at a time. Being liberated from substance abuse prison has been life altering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Good on you, deerplanter! Thanks for sharing your story and hoping it helps someone else who is struggling with a drinking problem!

Where is Beach City?
        East of Baytown on the trinity bay, and thank you sir.

Comment

Congrats! Good for you!

Comment

You are not alone David. Lots of addicts and alcoholics walk among us - including me. One day at a time and keep praying the Serenity Prayer

Comment

Anyone can drink and ignore his inner voices, but it takes a real man to admit he has a problem and take control of himself. My dad was an abusive alcoholic. It wasn’t until his final years that he admitted it to himself and us that he had a problem. He was clean for 10 years, even apologized to me and my brothers for what he did to us and himself. Some of my most precious memories are during his sober years, particularly at the deer lease with him. He never once told me he loved me until those final years, and did it one night while we were skinning a deer together. I admire you sir for being the man you should be. God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                I’m sure your wife and kids are proud of you man. Congrats to you.
                I’m 12 days in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Keep up the good work and if you have not reached out for help please do. When I help others it also helps me. I was helping a young lady work her steps not long ago and was giving her advice when it dawned on me that I wasn't doing what I was telling her.

Comment

Thank you all for accolades but that is not what I am about, if this helps just one person then it's all worth it. Helping others helps me in my sobriety.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                    Anyone can drink and ignore his inner voices, but it takes a real man to admit he has a problem and take control of himself. My dad was an abusive alcoholic. It wasn’t until his final years that he admitted it to himself and us that he had a problem. He was clean for 10 years, even apologized to me and my brothers for what he did to us and himself. Some of my most precious memories are during his sober years, particularly at the deer lease with him. He never once told me he loved me until those final years, and did it one night while we were skinning a deer together. I admire you sir for being the man you should be. God bless.

Comment

Admire your decision. You took back your life.

I put self-imposed rules and limits on myself just a short time ago. I didn't feel right when I started the changes. After that 1st week, I felt better than I had in years. Felt better and better week after week from then on.

Congrats to you again!!!

Comment

Congratulations on overcoming what was apparently a big obstacle in your life. Sounds like this one big change opened may pathways in life for you. Glad you took control before it spiraled out of control. Best of luck to you in life

Comment

Congratulations and God Bless You Sir!!

Comment

Congratulations. Keep strong

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to you on your decision to seek help. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is admit that you are broke, once you do that then you can start on the road to recover and a better life.

Comment

Good on you to tell your life story to try to help another. I pray that someone reaches out to you for help.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X