X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might try and get a Mod to move this to the classifieds or around the campfire it might get more looks

Comment

Dang it!! That's where I thought I put it! Not sure how to request.

Comment

ISO Army Gear - Repost

I actually put this in wrong area last night. I just enlisted in the State Guard (Army regimen) and I have to buy everything from head to toe and supply all gear (vest,back packs, camelback, etc). Anybody have an items they are willing to donate or sell cheap?
          This is a volunteer job helping Texans in natural and man-made disasters, so only paid during deployment.

Not looking for a handout, just hoping someone happens to have extra stuff laying around.

Comment

Also, they should give you a packing list of specifics. Good luck and make the best of it. Are you going to the 19th Brigade?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
              Also, they should give you a packing list of specifics. Good luck and make the best of it. Are you going to the 19th Brigade?

4th Regimen. I'm in Mansfield

Comment

I plan on doing ground search and rescue, so that ms why need for vest and equip

Comment

I would look at goodwill for acus and boots. Surplus stores for the rest. How close to temple are are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                    I would look at goodwill for acus and boots. Surplus stores for the rest. How close to temple are are you?

I'm in Mansfield. I have been checking goodwill and etc, but no luck yet

Comment

I got this vest if interested pm me
                      Last edited by mason bowhunter; 09-23-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                          Extremely organized. They are part of the Texas Military Department (Air National, Army National, State Guard) reporting directly to the Gov and only deployed in state and sometimes into neighboring states. Every member was deployed for Harvey. Actually the only time they are paid is during deployments. You can find a lot of information now that they played such a big part in the Harvey recovery and relief. They set up shelters, track evacuees, communications, search and rescue, etc
                          I need everything from boots, backpacks,vest, camelback in Army ACU colors.

Some people mock them as playing army, but when a disaster strikes they are awesome to have around. Their moto is Texans helping Texans.

I'm mainly commenting for the naysayers but the people who mock them are the same *******s who wouldn't show up to serve if they didn't have their benefits payed out to them aka just about every reservist out there.

I'm a huge proponent of the State Guard bc I've seen them work. The do more with less and they don't ***** about it.

Active duty dumps on the reserves, the reserves dump on the State Guard. But the state guard has the same legal authority as the National Guard under Texas Govt Code 432.

Secondly, they may be volunteer, but anybody who joins the military is volunteer. The Adjutant General who commands the Texas Military Forces (which includes the TXSG) does not differentiate them from other state military service members.

It's still military service in my opinion and as outlined under Texas state law. And it sure qualifies compared to all those sitting around doing nothing for this state or nation!

Comment

I'm mainly commenting for the naysayers but the people who mock them are the same *******s who wouldn't show up to serve if they didn't have their benefits payed out to them aka just about every reservist out there.

I'm a huge proponent of the State Guard bc I've seen them work. The do more with less and they don't ***** about it.

Active duty dumps on the reserves, the reserves dump on the State Guard. But the state guard has the same legal authority as the National Guard under Texas Govt Code 432.

Secondly, they may be volunteer, but anybody who joins the military is volunteer. The Adjutant General who commands the Texas Military Forces (which includes the TXSG) does not differentiate them from other state military service members.

It's still military service in my opinion and as outlined under Texas state law. And it sure qualifies compared to all those sitting around doing nothing for this state or nation!

I would agree. They have spent just over two weeks helping other Texans that are hurting! The small amount of money they will make for deployment will not even cover all of their equipment/loss of pay/uniforms. Many times during disasters, you can't even volunteer unless you are with a group. I can't think of a better group that I want to be associated with.

Comment

ISO Army Gear

Don't know broski... ever been/seen state guard drill?

They've used our armory and it's nothing but a chicken fkery and a BBQ cook off. I find them....quite amusing. Not sure id call their service 'military service'

Just my 2cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                                Don't know broski... ever been/seen state guard drill?

They've used our armory and it's nothing but a chicken fkery and a BBQ cook off. I find them....quite amusing. Not sure id call their service 'military service'

Just my 2cents.

Yeah it depends on the unit on both sides but I see the same nasty crap in the national guard and reserve units as well. I've been to all three components drills with various units. Sitting on asses getting paid to do nothing. Fat, poor PT scores, wasting time and space. But I agree it's not the same military service as yours or mine.

But I look at this more from a leaders perspective-and it's that attitude of pushing them away instead of trying to work with them and make them better that doesn't work. Army has jobs that they don't want to do on drill or is short handed. We should be using them. They will do anything. I think it's a great organization for people to join and it's a shame they aren't used more. A pool of 2300 volunteers. If they had the right leadership, they could be a great asset.

Comment

Working...
                                X