• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Offer to help
    Can’t go wrong just being neighborly

Comment

Be sure to check your county regulations some counties have acreage restrictions for hunting and firing a firearm

Comment

So the neighbors property is less than 50 yards wide, and his feeder is 40 yards from your fence. Sounds to me like he’s about as far away from you as he can be.

I personally wouldn’t be an arse about it. I’d help the guy out. If it really bothers you that bad then offer to buy his 5 acres.

Just to me sure... is it the neighbor/friend hunting the place or did they lease out the 5 acres to a hunter? I guess that would make a difference to me. In that case I may not be as helpful, but I would try to lease it for next season
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 09-27-2020, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Are you questioning your own ethics and if you are hunting too close to his spot?

You’re good, it’ll be ok.

Be friendly in case you need to recover a deer over there.

Comment

Help the fella out. Allow him to bring the tractor/equipment over and let him mow his lanes. If the fact he is hunting close to the fence line concerns you ( and it should, it would be a safety concer for me ) than talk to him about it. Share your concerns and explain to him your concerns and what actions you take to avoid/mitigate them.

Comment

Remember this....if deer go to that feeder, they will have a trail. Now you have a know trail to hunt. [emoji1]

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by ctburt0n View Post
                So it wouldn't bother you to have another hunter's feeder less than 150 yards away from you.
                Not at all. It's his land.

Comment

Out feed him! A good friend told me recently, "sometimes you have to out feed your neighbors!"

Comment

I had a friend with 10 acres once who let me hunt it. I was young and broke.
                    It wasn't much for deer hunting but I saw a few passing and a huge bull snake, a large coach whip and enjoyed the outings.
                    We own a place and have helped the neighboring lease hunters with mowing.
                    I think courteous pays off most times.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
                      Out feed him! A good friend told me recently, "sometimes you have to out feed your neighbors!"
                      This can be affective or just high fence them out or offer to buy the 5 acres..

But wait so the feeder is only 10 yards from the fence line on the other side?? LOL... Sounds fun.
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 09-27-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

be nice, help him out. Friendship is worth more than a deer..

Comment

1. Let him mow his property.

2. If his feeder placement bothers you, talk to him face to face while you’re helping him access/mow his property.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
                            be nice, help him out. Friendship is worth more than a deer..
                            It should be but usually not in Texas..

Comment

Pretty rough crowd here. I completely understand your frustration. I’d talk to the guy, maybe he doesn’t know how close he is to your feeder. I’d let that convo determine my next move.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                Pretty rough crowd here. I completely understand your frustration. I’d talk to the guy, maybe he doesn’t know how close he is to your feeder. I’d let that convo determine my next move.

Pretty rough crowd??????

Most are telling him to help the guy out. The OP is the one ranting about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X