No announcement yet.

Back to square one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That seems WAY off. My rest have never been just too far off center. Hope you can get it figured out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

French tune it, then BH tune it. Save the paper for wiping your arse!
      If you have another shop you trust, let them check it out to make sure it's in spec first.
      Last edited by Traildust; 09-13-2017, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I trust On Target Archery in Canton to tune all of my bows.

Hooter Shooters are a waste of money IMO. They don't account for how YOU hold the bow. The pro shop should set it up close to good, and then have you shoot it, so they can account for your grip and style of shooting. One FP are properly tuned for you, BH tuning should only require minor adjustments.

I'm sorry this happened to you. But you have plenty of time to get it right and practice before the season starts. I do have one question. When was the last time you changed your string/cables?

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
          Here's how far left they moved my rest.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
          Sure looks like you've had a ton of fletching contact on the rest????? You can see marks on the housing and launch pad

80# bow?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            With what he has going on it is obvious his rest is not tuned
            Here's how far left they moved my rest.

Man that is messed up. There is no way that rest is supposed to be that far left.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
              I trust On Target Archery in Canton to tune all of my bows.

Hooter Shooters are a waste of money IMO. They don't account for how YOU hold the bow. The pro shop should set it up close to good, and then have you shoot it, so they can account for your grip and style of shooting. One FP are properly tuned for you, BH tuning should only require minor adjustments.

I'm sorry this happened to you. But you have plenty of time to get it right and practice before the season starts. I do have one question. When was the last time you changed your string/cables?
              Strings and cables are brand new

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Sure looks like you've had a ton of fletching contact on the rest????? You can see marks on the housing and launch pad

80# bow?
                70lb. But, with the new strings and cables (and I called Mathews directly for specs) my ata came up about 1/4" shy of factory specs thus giving me about 75lb dw. So I had to back her down some.

Comment

70lb. But, with the new strings and cables (and I called Mathews directly for specs) my ata came up about 1/4" shy of factory specs thus giving me about 75lb dw. So I had to back her down some.

So ATA is 1/4" short? Where is beace as compared to spec?

Comment

Well crap!! Guess who has bent cam, that's right, this guy! [emoji117][emoji21][emoji118]

Comment

Better go back to that shop and see what they have to say if you think they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        Better go back to that shop and see what they have to say if you think they did it.

They will deny it. I'm done with them.

Comment

I'm getting frustrated. This archery thing is starting to wear me out. [emoji17]

Comment

I've tuned many a Mathews bow and that ain't right!!! I would find another shop that can help or learn to tune yourself but you'll need a press to fix your current issues.

Comment

Man that sucks. I would go back and have words at the very least. And if youre positive they did it put theyre name out there so nobody else gets this same treatment. Dont give up on bowhunting, this is just a stepping stone to make you learn the ins and outs of it all. This will be a big learning experience.

Comment

I can't prove they did it. So having words with them will be like kicking a dead horse. I am trying to learn to tune myself, lots of vids on YouTube, and lots of talks with people I know and trust that have been in archery for a very long time. I practice on my backup bow, so that'll be getting some range time in here real quick. Gotta hose it down and clean the dust and cobwebs off. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X