Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
    And the downside of this thug on thug tater pluggin' is what......? LOL
    I'd say wasted potatoes, but not really, potatoes are cheap.

Comment

Ok...weather they are legal or not!! Hypothetically how would you make just the trigger if you wanted to make one. Not that I do but if I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Not as good as acetylene!
        Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        By the way, I'm not suggesting anyone use acetylene as a propellant for such a toy, it is NOT safe!
        yeah, this was tried by a buddy, it ended with him in the er and 50+ stitches in his neck and face, it was just a bit more than sched 40 pvc could handle

Comment

On the long grill lighters, if you break them open, the have an extended wire from the trigger to the end where it sparks. Put the sparking end inside of the container filled with explosives. At least thats how I imagine it you would do it.

Comment

Built one out of a hydraulic cylinder tube off a highboy sprayed and used acetelyne and a grill ignition to fire it. The metal cylinder was perfect and we shot golf balls about 350 yards. I don't think I would go that route. Not the safest thing I've ever done.

Comment

For the thug wars, I'd say make one about golf-ball caliber.

Comment

Schedule 40 PVC in 4"x36" long. One end cap, reducer to 2" butterfly or ball valve (2") and 2"x36" sc. 40 PVC. Air chuck with threaded bottom.

Glue pipes together, in obvious configuration, and drill hole into end cap and screw/glue chuck into it. Close valve, add tater, connect air hose inflate to desired pressure, aim turn valve, repeat.

I never went over 55psi, but that was more than enough. Few critters met their maker with that cannon and it was completely legal too.

Have fun

Comment

There are defin tley dangers involved with air pressure and pvc.
                  Please read up on this before you do it.
                  We used to air test pvc sewer pipes until the manufacture put out a do not do warning.

Comment

i used propane on mine. made a simple metering setup and the shot was the same every time. i could fire as fast as someone could load the spud until I had to change propane cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
                      Sounds like a scene from Anchorman.
                      Nope only tridents

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                        Lemons/limes really fly out of one.
                        Avacados make for a cooler point of impact

Comment

Big boy toys make a lot of noise and hurt like h///. But man are they fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X