No announcement yet.

Best steak cut. You're probably wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always order a ribeye medium rare. Although most times they always seem to over cook it so I may start ordering mine rare. I rather it still moo at me when cutting into it then feel like I'm chewing on my boot. Texas road house is the best I've had out of the steak houses I been too now I know somewhere out there there is better steak house just haven't been to it yet

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
      I always order a ribeye medium rare. Although most times they always seem to over cook it so I may start ordering mine rare. I rather it still moo at me when cutting into it then feel like I'm chewing on my boot. Texas road house is the best I've had out of the steak houses I been too now I know somewhere out there there is better steak house just haven't been to it yet
      Texas Roadhouse does it pretty good for their price point.

Comment

I didn’t know a post about steaks could make me so depressed.

Comment

Try Japanese wagyu.....it'll blow your mind. Fattiest steaks I have ever had.

Ribeyes for me and we have gone to a lot of the "steak" restaurants on the strip...gets expensive to live here and go out to dinner with friends/family after a while . We are pretty spoiled As far as favorite steak...its a toss up between CircusCircus and Mesa Grill for us so far. Have my eye on a few more places to try out but won't be steaks exclusively.

BTW...its a sin to cook past med-rare.
          Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 04-22-2018, 01:30 AM.

Comment

thread has to be joke

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              Texas Roadhouse does it pretty good for their price point.
              Very true!

Their medium rare filet is great. Salt Grass should be called Salt Dirt!

Bob’s filet of porterhouse is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                thread has to be joke
                No doubt but some people just do not know steak!

Comment

Ribeye or Fillet Medium rare, leaning towards the rare side.

Just like with venison, overcooked is not bueno. I sure hope you're not cooking your deer steak to well done. Try it Medium rare as well and you'll be much happier.

Sea salt, black pepper and HOT coals.

Comment

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the ribeye cap. That has to be one of the most marbled and flavorful cuts I have had. I have only found it at Costco but would highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother-in-law, who is a chef at a high-end steakhouse, goes to the table when a well-done steak is ordered. He explains that he prefers not to prepare steaks well-done because it does not allow him to highlight the quality of their beef, and highly recommends medium-well unless the guest has dietary restrictions. He says many well-done steak orders are sent back because they’re tough (well no ****?).

New York strip, top sirloin, or a filet for me please, medium-rare.
                      Last edited by 30-30; 04-22-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I am a ribeye fan. I too used to eat my steak well done (had something to do with my upbringing also). Somewhere I found out how great a steak is when it is not over cooked. My way to order steak is to say, knock his horns off, wipe his butt and slide him across the grill.

Comment

Ribeye, medium. My wife gets the filet, and I have eaten some but to me a ribeye is way better.
                          We ( IMO ) do better steaks here at the house than any restaraunt I have ever been to. ( road house, saltgrass etc ). I have never been to a real, high end steakhouse

Comment

I like chama guacho Brazilan steak house. I love the way you are served many different cuts of meat .
                            Ribeye at the house , salt , a little garlic pepper, seared in a iron skillet then finished in the oven on hi till med rare
                            And if my lady wants to try something new !! She will need to let my food settle

Comment

Since variety is the spice of life, I suggest broadening your horizons and trying the following steak related things.
                              1. Wagyu (a Japanese breed of cow. If you want to spend big $, get Kobe beef. It’s Wagyu that has been mausaged it’s whole life)
                              2. Chimichurri (Argentine herb sauce)
                              3. Filet
                              4. Tritip
                              5. Flat Iron (a cheap alternative cut of meat that is amazing with Chimichurri)
                              6. Sous Vide with a reverse sear (cooking method)
                              7. Beef carpaccio (raw beef. Go to a good restaurant and you won’t get worms)
                              8. Steak Florentine

Happy eating.

Comment

Ribeye rare or if the restaurant can do it Pittsburg style

I don’t eat steaks often anymore. I grew up in the Panhandle and my dad was a partner in a feedyard. When I was young we always had custom cut (half or quarter of a beef)meat from a Mennonite butcher. We ate a lot of beef and it was just different than anything I can find now. When I was in high school and college the feedlot would offer beef for $1 per pound ground and $2 per pound “cuts”, wish I could buy a freezer full of that now!

We have a few expensive steak restaurants here in Tyler but that doesn’t compute to good.
                                Last edited by Cantcatch5; 04-22-2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X