Suppressor Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor Questions

Been contemplating purchasing a couple of them. What is the process once decide which ones you want to purchase????

1. Decide trust vs Individual.
    2. Purchase.
    3. Fill out paperwork,
    4. Wait.
    5. Wait.
    6. Wait.
    7. Pick up.

Advantage of trust is many. Advantage of individual ATM is that they are a little faster.

Downside of trust........cost. Downside of Individual.......many.

Comment

We did a trust and no looking back.
      Here is a link to silencerco's trust. https://silencerco.com/nfa-trust/
      We did it through there, had a lawyer sign off on it and away we went. Wait times from paying for item to actually having it in your hands can be up to 9 months. Best thing to do is buy one every three months so the wait time don't seem that long and they keep coming in. The first year is heck

Comment

Waiting is the worst part. Best thing you can do is research the can you want get it purchased and forget about it. Then be happily surprised your paperwork went through ~6+months down the road.

Comment

I used Silencershops online trust the first time. Then I had it redone with Sean Cody (SC-Texas on here) and wish I had just done it through him to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
            Been contemplating purchasing a couple of them. What is the process once decide which ones you want to purchase????

Silencer Shop and SilencerCo are friends again. I have no problem saying just go to the SS website and they will walk you through the entire process. Determine how you want to register them corp, individual or trust. Pick the suppressors you want, add to cart. Pick the trust if needed, add to cart. Pick how many stamps you need, add to cart. Find a Kiosk close to you, or add a paper fingerprint kit to your cart and bust out your favorite card to pay. After that they will contact you to finish up all the paperwork. Wait a touch less than a year, go to your designated local dealer and pick up. I may have left a something out but you get the just. They will walk you through anything that I missed!

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
              I used Silencershops online trust the first time. Then I had it redone with Sean Cody (SC-Texas on here) and wish I had just done it through him to start with.
              What is the difference in his trusts? Is his more thorough for the passing on of NFA Items? Went individual on first one (live and learn) going to put that one on a trust when she’s officially mine and further purchases will be done through it.

Comment

Originally posted by QACZ71 View Post
                What is the difference in his trusts? Is his more thorough for the passing on of NFA Items? Went individual on first one (live and learn) going to put that one on a trust when she’s officially mine and further purchases will be done through it.
                It is about managing who has access of the items and is unable dated for the changes with 41-f.

And he will not interview you to set it up how you need it, rather than shoehorn you into a one size fits all.

Comment

If you had to buy one silencer to range from 22-30 cal, what would it be?

Comment

Links aren’t working

Comment

I use a YHM Phantom TI for that range.

Comment

AAC SD-762 from .223 to .300 win mag rated Awesome with subs and supers.

Comment

22 rimfire? If so, I would use a take apart can like the liberty mystic x

Comment

Originally posted by mako235 View Post
                            22 rimfire? If so, I would use a take apart can like the liberty mystic x
                            If you do rimfire you will need a dedicated rimfire can IMHO

Comment

Working...
                            X