No announcement yet.

Wear Levis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Levi's has put mega big bucks into the pro-abortion cause as well as funding every homosexual cause that has come along for the past 40 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      No but I'm not suprised. I've pretty much decided if there was ever a time when I decided to stop buying products because the company is ran by a bunch of anti-American,anti-gun or push transgender or dudes kissing other dudes on the mouth to be excepted I probably wouldn't buy very many things. I'd drink tap water and stay home and play with myself for fear of using something some dumbass put on the market for people to buy. The world is full of them and I except it. Well I don't except it I pretty much just ignore it and live my life. I tolerate it.
      Attached Files

Comment

If I stood against every company that supports something I don't I wouldn't have anything. I could write a book on companies I shouldn't buy from,t.v.channels I shouldn't watch,actors I shouldn't watch, musicians I shouldn't listen to,people I shouldn't support at all for some reason or another....I don't know how a person keeps up with boycotting all of this stuff.

Comment

There’s a good reason he changed the words and added Wranglers to the words in place of Levi’s. And I applaud him for doing so. He wrote the song after all.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szboCoTrMhI"]Ed Bruce - Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            If I stood against every company that supports something I don't I wouldn't have anything. I could write a book on companies I shouldn't buy from,t.v.channels I shouldn't watch,actors I shouldn't watch, musicians I shouldn't listen to,people I shouldn't support at all for some reason or another....I don't know how a person keeps up with boycotting all of this stuff.

I get your point and I agree that you can`t boycott everything, and you shouldn`t. But the ones that go out of their way to make a public statement against something I feel strongly about get put at the top of the "Don`t buy, watch, listen or support in any way" list. That's how I roll !!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
              I get your point and I agree that you can`t boycott everything, and you shouldn`t. But the ones that go out of their way to make a public statement against something I feel strongly about get put at the top of the "Don`t buy, watch, listen or support in any way" list. That's how I roll !!
              Bingo. My list is long and doesnt change with the years.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                This! These people are truly our enemies. They want to take our rights away and I sure ain't gonna help them.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Bingo. My list is long and doesnt change with the years.
                  Mine too. I'm sure I'm unaware of many actors and corporations that have ideas and ideology that clashes with mine, but when they put it on display they make the list. Sports "stars" I don't have to worry about, because I never watch or keep up with them. Corporate decisions are made in light of profits. If those profits change, they might just change their decisions. I ain't holding my breath though.

Comment

Never wore them before, dang shore wont now.

Comment

I havent had a pair of Levis in over 45 years, so how can i boycott them?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                        Like a moth to flame. I will just leave this here.

Oh I am wearing a pair of Levi’s and love some bud light. Don’t sweat the petty things. It’s a pair of britches.

And add this.

https://www.nflpa.com/players/partners-sponsors

So folks openly trying to infringe on a Constitutional right is a “petty” thing?

Why would anyone willingly support people who do that?

This republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it.
                        - elmer_davis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Think I have one pair left somewhere

They probably don't even fit

Cinch and Wranglers

Comment

Levi’s are made from cheap material.
                            I once was operating a skeet machine at a fun shoot at my buddy’s ranch. I squatted down to load up the machine and something felt funny... I guess you could say breezy. Well my boys busted out the crotch area and were hanging on the outside my pants. Really embarrassing and last time I ever wore Levi’s.

Comment

Levi’s are overpriced, crappy jeans anyway. Not even comfortable to me.

Comment

The Origin of Levi’s Denim Blue Jeans

The great father of blue jeans, Levi Strauss (February 26, 1829 – September 26, 1902) was a German-born American entrepreneur, Jewish by birth.

Loeb Strauss (he liked the name “Levi Strauss”) was born in Buttenheim in Franconia, Bavaria in 1829. The 18-year-old German immigrant left for New York City together with his family in 1847. There he worked hard with his older brothers Jonas and Louis Loeb in their family dry goods business called “J.Strauss Brothers & Co”.

In 1853, Strauss went to sensational San Francisco looking for his fortune and big money. It was the high peak of the California Gold Rush that started in 1848. Most of the risky prospectors of gold mining in northern California became bankrupts and only few of them were lucky to grow rich. Levi Strauss became famous and wealthy. He was one of the wise moneymakers who provided goods and services to the miners of California.

Firstly he initiated a dry goods wholesale house under his own name. “Levi Strauss & Co” used to import different dry goods – clothes, handkerchieves, rolls of fabric and so on.

The story of the blue jeans goes that both prospectors and miners were often complaining about the easily torn cotton trousers and pockets, that’s why the practical Levi decided to make solid overall pants for the miners and other workers to wear. Levi Strauss was sure that his “waist overalls” (the old name for jeans) would become very popular with miners, ranchers and farmers for their close-to-the-ground line of work. Strauss opened a “wonderful pants of Levi’s” factory in San Francisco. These hard-wearing overalls were fashioned by Levi from a sturdy fabric called serge, made in Nimes, France. Originally called serge de Nimes, the fabric later became known as ‘denim’.

Another story tells that Levi began adding copper rivets at the stress points in his overalls and changed canvas to a heavy blue denim material called genes in France, which became “jeans” in America.

Nevada tailor, Jacob Davis suggested that Levi pay the fee and share the patent of his overalls’ improvement. Davis was one of Levi’s constant customers who purchased rolls of cloth from the company for his own business, Davis could not afford the $81 needed to apply for a patent. Therefore Davis shared with Levi the way he made pants for his customers: by riveting at the points of strain—pocket corners and on the base of the fly.

On May 20, 1873, Strauss and Jacob Davis received US patent № 139121 for the riveting process to strengthen the pockets of denim work pants. This date is now considered the official birthday of “blue jeans.” And in 2003 “Levi Strauss & Co” celebrated the 130 anniversary of the invention of “blue jeans” by Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis.

The successful clothing business wasn’t the only sphere of public life for Strauss. He served as a director of an insurance company, a utility company member, a Jewish community leader, and a contributor to the Pacific Hebrew Orphan Asylum and Home, the Hebrew Board of Relief, San Francisco’s Temple Emanu-el Sisterhood, the University of California and other civic and cultural institutions. He participated in various charitable organizations and helped to fund the gold medal awarded each year to the temple’s best Sabbath School student. Even as his company and fame grew in size, Strauss insisted that his employees and relatives call him Levi, not Mr. Strauss.

Levi Strauss died peacefully at home on September 26, 1902, at the age of 73. The City of San Francisco declared that day a business holiday so that everybody could attend the funeral at Temple Emanu-el. He left his flourishing business to the four nephews—Jacob, Louis, Abraham and Sigmund Stern – and other family members. He was never married. The family has maintained Levi’s philanthropic practices.

Levi’s Denim Blue Jeans are a world-recognizable trademark and best-known emblem of the American Western lifestyle due to the high quality production and grand name of the overalls inventor. Today the legendary company Levi Strauss founded, remains one of the nation’s leading apparel manufacturers. In 2003 “Levi Strauss & Co” celebrated the 150 anniversary of its founding.

IF MR STRAUSS COULD ONLY SEE THE COMPANY NOW, I’D IMAGINE HE’D PUKE.

I purchased six pair of levi strauss "signature" jeans for my husband. All six pair within 2 weeks have started tearing at the back pocket. One pair I could maybe understand, but all six? Yesterday he bent over (he's a slender man) and the whole rear end split right down the length of the pocket...
                                Last edited by Worksalot; 09-07-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X