Age this jaw for us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age this jaw for us.

We try and age all our deer by their jaws. Never seen one like this. Help us out here.

1. How old do you think?
    2. What do you think happened to it?
    Attached Files

I may be completely wrong but isn't that a yearling jaw??? Looks like it hasn't gotten its third molar like it just lost its baby tooth!!! Im thinking that deer is 1 1/2 or less!!
    Last edited by ram04; 12-13-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I know squat about aging teeth but those are really pointy teeth. I vote really young.

Comment

Ya they do weird things sometimes. Looks like maybe a 5 year old. And I say "maybe" because there isn't much dentine showing on that last tooth.

Comment

Comment

Yeah it looks like the pre molar on the left jaw in the first pic is just now starting to grow and the right hasn't started yet. Just my opinion of course!!

Comment

I would go 4 or 5 based off of those pics but with those teeth missing it is a guess.

Comment

Ok might have been unfair without this picture. Sorry I didnt even think about it. This deers live weight was around 200 pounds. He was a 8 point and taken by one of our munchkins Layton.
                Attached Files

Comment

4 year old that broke his jaw at some point causing him to lose those other two teeth.

Comment

I would say 4-5.

Comment

10 4 with that pic you can throw my guesses out lol that's a monster body bruiser. Those lost teeth threw me off.

Comment

Comment

5.5! I don't put much stock in teeth though. We killed a 7.5 yo LF, no protein and jaw shoes 4.5.

Comment

No clue on the age but looks like it might have been gored by an antler in a fight?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X