No announcement yet.

Fleas in yard!!!!????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you spray demon in the yard when should the next spraying be. I forgot how long a fleas cycle is.

Comment

Demon WP comes in a package with 4 water soluble packs inside. Use two packs to a gallon of water...Problem with Demon is that it doesn't cover much area.

Go you a good feed store and get Hi-Yield 55% Malathion...and go ahead and buy the Quart Bottle.....

Buy a Gilmour Airmatic sprayer that you attach to the water hose and any Hi-Yield bottle (Brown with Yellow and Red Labels) will screw on to that sprayer ...set it on 2 and spray your yard.

Make sure that your grass is cut and then spray.

You should know that Malathion is mixed 2 1/2 ounces to a gallon of water to 1000 square feet, so a quart should cover about 12,800 square feet. A normal sized city lot is 5-7 K square feet, so that gives you an idea of how much you'll need.

Repeat every 7 - 10 days, as the eggs and larvae that are in the grass won't be killed by Malathion.

Keep the kids and dogs off of it until it dries and when you're done with the quart, you'll have it in good shape in no time.

Hi-Yield also makes a product called Garden, Pet and Livestock Spray that is Permethrin and it has labeling and mixing instructions to make a dip for your dog, as well as a spray for the yard and it works good.

Buy Bio-Spot for your dog and stripe that stuff between the shoulder blades every 3-4 weeks and you're good to go. If you have two dogs and stripe them both, you need to separate them so that they don't lick that stuff off of each other or you might have a problem.

Respectfully submitted....

Feed Store owner and resident fleaologist....
      Last edited by AntlerMax; 06-29-2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        x 2 ..... i've always used Permethrin twice a year.... No More Fleas
        x3. I had them so thick in my outdoor kitchen last year my legs would turn black when I walked in. It took about 2 weeks spraying every other day but it cleaned them out. I tried everyting on the market and this was the only thing that worked for me. You can get a pint size bottle forabout $50 buck and it should last you about 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post

"... You can get a pint size bottle for about $50 buck and it should last you about 2 years..."

What strength (%) is that Permethrin?

My 10% Permethrin in a pint bottle is $ 12.49....??

Comment

I also get fleas in my yard this time of year. i sprayed 10% permethrin in my yard. you can buy it along with a garden hose sprayer at your local coop. Repeat the step in 7-14 days and your flea problem is over. it is quick and easy. i think the bottle i bought is around $15.00 and covers around 8,000 sqare foot. I will have to look at the size of bottle i use.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Ended up using Malathion.
              Researching the nematodes, they sound good

Comment

I get the Demon WP in a gallon container its fine white powder you mix with water. They also have the ready made packets like mentioned above you just drop in the water.

Comment

Working...
                X