Texas coast vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas coast vacation

I’m wanting to take the family to the coast Father’s Day weekend. Going to be taking our 5th wheel. Is it better to go to Galveston, port a, or?? Wanting to be right at the beach and have full hookups

This late you will be hard pressed.to find what you want. Better get to looking right now. Yesterday would have been better.

Comment

Look at Gulf Waters RV Park at Port A. Great place be tough to find a park that will beat it.

Comment

Matagorda or further south.

Matty has 2 rv parks

Comment

2nd gulf waters is really nice if they have openings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Matagorda or further south.

Matty has 2 rv parks
            More than 2.

The LCRA park is just off the beach and right on the river.

Comment

I would not take my RV on the beach. Sand gets into EVERYTHING. It also contains salt which will cause rust Consider Goose Island State Park or a rv park in Rockport.

Comment

Good luck, Port A has gotten insane with trying to find condo's/RV space. This late in the game, who knows, maybe you'll get lucky.

Comment

We always stay at Gulf Waters too but we plan a year out. Will all the recent devistation a lot of people end up camping on the beach because of lack of vacancy. I would never do that to my travel trailer. Good luck

Comment

Whatever you decide, watch the weather. Galveston shows a 90% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday. A RV can feel really crowded with family on a rainy weekend.

Comment

Matagorda has an rv park right at the mouth of the Colorado river where it empties into the gulf. I have never stayed there but it looks nice.

Comment

If you go to Port A area, dont forget to spend some time at St. Joe's island. Google it. Unihabited island and 21 miles of beach to wander. Only one way to get there is by a short ferry ride that costs $12. But dont miss the last ride of the evening...

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                          Matagorda has an rv park right at the mouth of the Colorado river where it empties into the gulf. I have never stayed there but it looks nice.
                          That is the LCRA park I mentioned above.

Comment

I don't think goose island is open yet. I thought it was going to be later this year. The PA parks looked full but PA itself was not that busy last week. Our rental is booking up for the rest of June and July but I think that is because so many of the big motels and condos are still being repaired. My choice, the further south the better.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                              I don't think goose island is open yet. I thought it was going to be later this year. The PA parks looked full but PA itself was not that busy last week. Our rental is booking up for the rest of June and July but I think that is because so many of the big motels and condos are still being repaired. My choice, the further south the better.
                              The pier and campsites along the water are still closed. The campsites in the wooded areas are open.

Comment

Working...
                              X