No announcement yet.

2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at a few other Wunderground stations in our area and they said anywhere from 1.5" - 4" since the beginning of the week.

So who knows what we actually got

But regardless, it was good to get it.

Comment

I can tell you my place by Fayette county lake hasn't even gotten 1/2 inch all week including what went thru today. ;-(

Comment

Wow.

I was watching the radar pretty close the last few days, and I know for sure we had half a dozen yellow/orange clouds go directly over us. How much rain exactly, I'm not sure.

Probably going to go up there this weekend to check things out.

Comment

2.25" as of this morning. Hopefully get more today

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Swung by our place and dumped out just under 4.5 inches in Cat adoring this afternoon.

Comment

2.8 at lake Somerville. Not a puddle on the ranch today haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since bow season is only about three months away , what's the time frame for the rut in this region? From what I've read on the internet, it seems like things get going earlier than a lot of areas (early to mid October instead of early to mid November).

Comment

Originally posted by conroekro88 View Post
                  Since bow season is only about three months away , what's the time frame for the rut in this region? From what I've read on the internet, it seems like things get going earlier than a lot of areas (early to mid October instead of early to mid November).
                  They mite not be running opening weekend of bow season, but it won’t be long after that. Duration of the rut will depend on your immediate area. If deer numbers are low, then it could all be over by General Season opener. Don’t be surprised if all your regular bucks pull a disappearing act. It seems to be pretty common in the area. Some will not be seen again until next summer.

Comment

Last couple years we have had the strongest part of the rut between oct 25- 30th. You will still ser somebucks chasing into the second weekend of gun depending on weather, moon, etc... Ihave seen them with does as early as October 10th. Sometimes adecent second rut around thanksgiving depending on what did not get bred.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys.

We had a small group of bucks on camera about two months ago, but that's about it as far as bucks go. If the trend is that the buck activity does the opposite once season starts, hopefully that means they'll be coming through our place since all we've been seeing is does

The last property I hunted was like that. All we'd see on the camera during the summer was the same few does. Then from mid-October through gun season we'd have 12-15 different bucks on camera.

Comment

I'm getting my cameras back up and running next weekend. Running waaaay behind this year due to work picking up, but that's not a bad thing looking forward to seeing what the up and comers I've passed on the last few years are looking like. There are 3-4 that should be fairly good this year...we shall see

Comment

our bucks have been hit or miss on the game cameras. One week they are here. Then they are gone for a week. Except this past week, we've had one guy show up at 6:30 almost every morning. Haven't seen our big wide one lately. Here are a few pics:

Comment

I shot my big deer 2 years ago on 12-12-16. Was the second rut for north Washington county. Where are y’all seeing them rut in bow season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shelby/Latium area. From what I understand, BolilloLoco & Red Man both hunt in this general area.

Comment

Yep, watched a mature buck breed a doe just out of bow range 2 yrs ago. This was on October 15th near shelby.

Comment

Working...
                                X