No announcement yet.

Val Verde County Rut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm here in comstock, off fm 1024. Rode around a little today and saw a ton of rubs and scrapes, but no rutting activity so far. Hopefully this little cold snap will pick it up.

Comment

I'm watching some young ones chase a doe now

Comment

I don't understand why I have 7 does under the feeder and not a buck in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still a week or so early as far as what we normally see.

Comment

Day after Thanksgiving still not full rut for us but some of the ole boys are chousin em and snorting flanks. Best of luck I struck out thus far.

Comment

Is this fog ever going to let up?

Comment

Moon will be coming around in a week or so and hopefully get the action started...

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Is this fog ever going to let up?
                  The fog this morning was pretty bad. Still not much rut activity. Seen a few bucks work scrapes and rubs, that's about it. Had 2 does and a decent buck eating under the feeder together this morning.

Comment

Holy cow this wind and fog. I didn't think those two combinations were possible.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                      Holy cow this wind and fog. I didn't think those two combinations were possible.

Patience will be your "ace in the hole" this year. The past two years have been great on rain for the VV area... I don't think I have ever seen so many good deer running around. Sit, wait and you will be rewarded!! Good luck out there

Comment

I had Tyler in my stand with me to kill a long horn spike I had running around. He got him. We are headed in.
                        We did see more chasing than I've seen so far. Sure wish my original plan of hunting all week would have panned out. Wife is having surgery in the morning. Hopefully I'll be back next weekend.

Comment

I'll be there December 5th baring any major unit upsets. I'll try and give up dates

Comment

Buddy is staying all week although he tagged out already with this 10 point.
                            He is in the stand now and said the bucks are really working the scrapes.

Comment

^^^ that's a nice one

Comment

The bucks are running! Some does are coming in to heat already. Saw a lot of bucks on the prowl. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X