No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid plays Spring ball only as well and his team plays Fall. Not a guarantee on his spot but they have try outs and he has always ended up on the Spring team.

Comment

Some one told me that 50% of Tommy John surgeries is done on kids 14 - 17 years old. Not sure where he got his info, but I can see it being high and growing. Select ball, club ball for all sports is a money making business now. There are some good organizations and some bad. There are tournaments all year round now, especially here in Texas. My two cents, not all coaches are coaches and it needs to remain fun for the kids. Each kid is different.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        just curious, how did your sons coach take to him not playing during the fall when he was younger? did the team continue to play or did they all take the fall off? if they played, did they hold a spot for him till spring?

my 8yo is my first run at all this and I am learning as I go, seems that all the select teams around us play all year long, even at this age.
        Yes, the team continued to play and yes, they held his spot come Spring time. Not all select organizations will do this of course. Luckily my son was in a position to be able to hold his position. Regardless of the situation, I say let your son take the fall off period. That is WAY too young for your son to start playing year round baseball. In my opinion, year round baseball is not an option. Just listen to John Smoltz speech when he was inducted to the Hall of Fame. End of story.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3W0Rxpd1FM"]John Smoltz Speech - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Yes, the team continued to play and yes, they held his spot come Spring time. Not all select organizations will do this of course. Luckily my son was in a position to be able to hold his position. Regardless of the situation, I say let your son take the fall off period. That is WAY too young for your son to start playing year round baseball. In my opinion, year round baseball is not an option. Just listen to John Smoltz speech when he was inducted to the Hall of Fame. End of story.

John Smoltz Speech - YouTube
          Yep, I agree with this. My son had TJ this last year, but it was from playing football. He played some in the fall but not a ton, and he took the fall off way more than he played. That is hunting season. I will say this most organizations want the kids to play in the fall so the money train doesn't stop coming in the door.

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
            Yep, I agree with this. My son had TJ this last year, but it was from playing football. He played some in the fall but not a ton, and he took the fall off way more than he played. That is hunting season. I will say this most organizations want the kids to play in the fall so the money train doesn't stop coming in the door.
            If you aren't busy, come on out to Conroe HS at 7pm tomorrow evening. I will be tailgating in the outfield with Paul and Nancy. We pull our trucks up behind right field so no one can hear us.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              If you aren't busy, come on out to Conroe HS at 7pm tomorrow evening. I will be tailgating in the outfield with Paul and Nancy. We pull our trucks up behind right field so no one can hear us.
              I would love to, but my son has a game against Coldspring tomorrow night. He just started back to catching after TJ. We are off on Tues. 4/26 and I may try and come catch you guys game that night. Thanks for the invite.

Comment

Originally posted by trhunter View Post
                I would love to, but my son has a game against Coldspring tomorrow night. He just started back to catching after TJ. We are off on Tues. 4/26 and I may try and come catch you guys game that night. Thanks for the invite.
                No problem and good luck to you son and team against Coldspring! Get em.

Comment

Anyone playing at the scrap yards today?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Comment

we were off this weekend but will be playing the strikes against cancer this coming weekend, they haven't given us a location yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      we were off this weekend but will be playing the strikes against cancer this coming weekend, they haven't given us a location yet.
                      We will be there also. Played it last 4 years, never know where you will play. Let me know where and when you play. We do sports photography on the side.

Comment

We are playing the PBA Classic in Plano this weekend if it does not rain us out. We are playing at Cheyenne Park in Plano

Comment

This is the kind of photos we like to make. I don't like the baseball on this photo but I was out voted.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                            This is the kind of photos we like to make. I don't like the baseball on this photo but I was out voted.

my 10yr old threw his first no hitter this week. my 9yr was the catcher. i would lilke to get their pic tonight, maybe send it to you and see what you could come up with that i could frame and hang on their wall?

Comment

that's nice, very cool for the boys for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                                my 10yr old threw his first no hitter this week. my 9yr was the catcher. i would lilke to get their pic tonight, maybe send it to you and see what you could come up with that i could frame and hang on their wall?
                                that's awesome man!

Comment

Working...
                                X