X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got to the ranch. It's WET!!! [emoji1][emoji847][emoji1360][emoji33]

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
      I just got to the ranch. It's WET!!! [emoji1][emoji847][emoji1360][emoji33]

Do u come in 133?

Comment

My ranch hand says over 5" in the last couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
          Do u come in 133?

Negative. I-35 & Hwy85.

Comment

K. Thanks.

Comment

Good news. That should take care of the rest of the growing season. Hopefully we get a early cold front to cut back on the brush.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                Good news. That should take care of the rest of the growing season. Hopefully we get a early cold front to cut back on the brush.

This is the first beneficial rain since May for me. It's too late to save a very dry summer here. FarmLogs had 10.25" for the year until the rain this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                  This is the first beneficial rain since May for me. It's too late to save a very dry summer here. FarmLogs had 10.25" for the year until the rain this week.
                  I'm curious to how accurate FarmLogs really is. It shows we got over 6"s since Saturday, but I talked to a guy that works on the ranch was told only 2 1/2 - 3"s. How does their amount stack up to your rain gauge?

Comment

South Texas rain

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                    I'm curious to how accurate FarmLogs really is. It shows we got over 6"s since Saturday, but I talked to a guy that works on the ranch was told only 2 1/2 - 3"s. How does their amount stack up to your rain gauge?

I've been using farm logs for a couple years off & on at 3 different locations, all about 90 miles apart. I don't find it to be terribly accurate on the whole. Sometimes it'll be pretty close to actual, sometimes it'll be off by a wide margin.

At some point I'm just going to put a large easy to read rain gauge out in front of one of my GoCams so I can see for myself how much it's raining on my trail camera pictures.

Comment

I cannot vouch for farm logs, but this is very accurate for us. You can munipulate the map and zoom in.
                      National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS)

Comment

Peyton or rattler,

Any more rain down there?

Comment

13.5 inches since last Saturday night. Close to 281&624. It's VERY wet to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                            Peyton or rattler,

Any more rain down there?

I have a few guys down right now putting out cottonseed and shredding sendero's.
                            No word from them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

drizzling on and off in the big wells area since about 9 am. Suppose to come down really hard tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                I've been using farm logs for a couple years off & on at 3 different locations, all about 90 miles apart. I don't find it to be terribly accurate on the whole. Sometimes it'll be pretty close to actual, sometimes it'll be off by a wide margin.

At some point I'm just going to put a large easy to read rain gauge out in front of one of my GoCams so I can see for myself how much it's raining on my trail camera pictures.
                                I have had pretty good luck with Farm logs - I have gauges at three spots - two in Georgetown and one in Maverick and when I compare it is pretty darn close most all of the time

trail cam on gauge is a great idea

Comment

Working...
                                X