Trump, NRA and GOP about to sell out gun owners......AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    The whole entire reason the conversation is being had in DC is because of mass shootings. The media and politicians are using them to push agendas.

My position is more of a question. What is there that could be fixed in the background check system that would solve or prevent anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    until it is legal for doctors to divulge patient information.... nothing.

Comment

Here is the problem with all of this in my opinion. Any gun law is illegal! The second amendment clearly states this. Now we have thousands of laws regarding all the things that go along with the shootings and murders that take place on a daily basis. So more laws will make this better, I think not. The left wants nothing more than to take control of the guns because then they have total control of the people. That is their goal believe or not. Evil in people is the root cause for the shootings and murders not the gun. Problem is no one will step up and confront the real problem because it is too easy to blame the gun rather than a person. Once you give an inch they will take a mile. Would be a shame to look back 30 years from now and say it all started with stiffing background checks.

Comment

One question? Should you be allowed to buy a vehicle if you have a drunk driving conviction?

Comment

Buying vehicles is not a constitutional right like gun ownership is.

Comment

None of the unconstitutional gun control that is being proposed would have stopped the tragedies that these sick twisted democrats are exploiting to push their agendas.

Shut down the ATF, repeal the NFA of 1934 and GCA of 1968 and the bump stock ban. Any gun control is unconstitutional. The second amendment is absolute and shall not be infringed upon.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
              until it is legal for doctors to divulge patient information.... nothing.
              The psychiatric field is full of loons and hacks. I don't really want them determining who is fit to buy a gun.

Plus i'm pretty sure they are already supposed to report someone who they believe intends to do harm.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                And I honestly get that point of view. What I fear (and despise) is the counterproductive "but" politics. "But abortion!" "But Democrats" "but the media!" (So I may be picking on you for a larger theme I see in these discussions). If we don't dictate the narrative and policy then they will. So if we can actually come up with common sense policy to reduce (not eliminate!) access to guns by criminals then couldn't we take reasonable steps to get there? Many have mentioned enforcing the laws we have where people and crimes have failed to make it into the database. I don't know what the specific fix it but let's pursue it. I also understand that we hold corporations and ffls to a different standard than private firearms sellers on background checks (call it a loophole or a different standard but differences do exist). I personally would like to avoid selling my gun to a felon if there was an easy way to prevent this. Not claiming I have an easy fix either. I love our constitutional right to arm ourselves and want to keep it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Fix our government.

You have any idea how inefficient our government is? Once you see it first hand it's a real eye opener. Compare any government entity to a private one and it's not even close. One makes money while the other purposely wastes money (so they can get more). It's insanity.

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                None of the unconstitutional gun control that is being proposed would have stopped the tragedies that these sick twisted democrats are exploiting to push their agendas.

Shut down the ATF, repeal the NFA of 1934 and GCA of 1968 and the bump stock ban. Any gun control is unconstitutional. The second amendment is absolute and shall not be infringed upon.
                Now this would make liberal media spin out of control. Would be funny to watch the doom and gloom.

Comment

The guy arrested in Austin for having guns in a park was described as "off" when he came into my big box home improvement store a couple of days before the park arrest. He literally had some screws loose when he came into our store -- in full tactical dress, with combat knife, and gun slung over his shoulder. He went to the hardware department because he needed a torx tip screwdriver to finish putting his gun together. An associate who helped him find it told me he didn't seem right and was constantly looking around nervously. The associate told him that he really didn't need to have brought the gun in to get the tool -- just the screws would have been fine to get the right size tool. Apparently, he wanted to see what kind of reaction he would receive with his overall get-up.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                    The guy arrested in Austin for having guns in a park was described as "off" when he came into my big box home improvement store a couple of days before the park arrest. He literally had some screws loose when he came into our store -- in full tactical dress, with combat knife, and gun slung over his shoulder. He went to the hardware department because he needed a torx tip screwdriver to finish putting his gun together. An associate who helped him find it told me he didn't seem right and was constantly looking around nervously. The associate told him that he really didn't need to have brought the gun in to get the tool -- just the screws would have been fine to get the right size tool. Apparently, he wanted to see what kind of reaction he would receive with his overall get-up.
                    What guy in Austin?

If you go around like that, you're going to get attention. It may or maaaaaaay not be, the specific attention you were seeking. Nonetheless, you WILL get attention!
                    I'm a very strong 2A guy but walking around like what you described is a lost cause & only hurts our pro-2A agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      What guy in Austin?

If you go around like that, you're going to get attention. It may or maaaaaaay not be, the specific attention you were seeking. Nonetheless, you WILL get attention!
                      I'm a very strong 2A guy but walking around like what you described is a lost cause & only hurts our pro-2A agenda.
                      Yep, totally agree. All the fat wannabe tactical operators with their plastic Bushmaster Carbon 15 slung over their shoulders "protesting" makes the majority of gun owners look bad. They fit right into the left stereotype.

I really hope that the GOP doesn't fall down the slippery slope of trying to "work" with the democrats.

Comment

What guy in Austin?

This guy:
                        Court affidavit reveals Dalton Harley Broesche, 23, had a fully loaded rifle before police intervened in case eerily similar to others.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          This guy:
                          Court affidavit reveals Dalton Harley Broesche, 23, had a fully loaded rifle before police intervened in case eerily similar to others.

"A man arrested at Pease District Park for having several weapons on him was in possession of something of an arsenal —a rifle outfitted with a bipod, sight scope and 30-round magazine — "
                          1 rifle is an arsenal because it had a bipod, sight & 30 round mag.? Ha!

That guy has that crazy look in his eyes. He's not with it. He WILL do a mass shooting. He needs to be watched like a hawk!

Comment

"A man arrested at Pease District Park for having several weapons on him was in possession of something of an arsenal —a rifle outfitted with a bipod, sight scope and 30-round magazine — "

1 rifle is an arsenal because it had a bipod, sight & 30 round mag.? Ha!

That guy has that crazy look in his eyes. He's not with it. He WILL do a mass shooting. He needs to be watched like a hawk!
                            Yeah, article writer apparently was including the handgun, knife and baton as weapons. Agree, tho, that the guy doesn't look "right" as my co-worker observed when selling him the torx driver. Going to that park fully loaded, I think he intended to fo damage.

Comment

Trump, NRA and GOP about to sell out gun owners......AGAIN

Add Texas Congressman Dan Crenshaw to the list too. He’s about to flip on us. He supports red flag laws.

Time for him to go at the next election if he follows through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Add Texas Congressman Dan Crenshaw to the list too. He’s about to flip on us. He supports red flag laws.

Time for him to go at the next election if he follows through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don’t worry, he’s already explained that we just aren’t as smart as him and he knows better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X