Trump, NRA and GOP about to sell out gun owners......AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
    63 people killed in mass shootings in 2019 and they raise a ruckus. Not to demean the people killed, Senseless deaths perpetrated by mad men!
    3000 defenseless babies killed every day by abortion and the left wants more leeway to kill even more.
    How perverted is this?
    309 people have been killed in homicides in Chicago so far in 2019...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      If people understood that their really isn’t a problem to begin with we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Don’t listen to the news. Their job is to scare you. Tragic and horrible as they may be, there isn’t a mass shooting problem In this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And THE TRUTH, Shall set you frrreeeeee!!

Comment

If people understood that their really isn’t a problem to begin with we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Don’t listen to the news. Their job is to scare you. Tragic and horrible as they may be, there isn’t a mass shooting problem In this country.

Who said anything about mass shootings? This was post about backgrounds checks. Care to contribute anything? Or are you saying we have zero gun violence problems to deal with and roll back all background check laws? I'm confused on your position.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

By That Logic...

I understand where you’re coming from but by the same logic, we don’t have a terrorist problem and shouldn’t be sending troops out to fight terrorism. I’m not sure I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            Who said anything about mass shootings? This was post about backgrounds checks. Care to contribute anything? Or are you saying we have zero gun violence problems to deal with and roll back all background check laws? I'm confused on your position.

Every news organization, in case you have been asleep or dead this whole conversation revolves around the background checks being called for just after the El Paso shooting and Dayton Ohio.

Comment

Follow the topic here okay. Why do you think background checks are being brought up by the democrats again? Wait for it........
              Because of mass shootings in Texas and Ohio.
              Over reacting to his post as if he isn't contributing anything is silly and technically his post didn't have the word mass shootings in it, although yours did.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Per the thread title.....yep, all bets are off based on the adminstrations previous actions. Deeper checks are on the horizon as other nefarious actions.......all in the name of safety for our children!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Per the thread title.....yep, all bets are off based on the adminstrations previous actions. Deeper checks are on the horizon as other nefarious actions.......all in the name of safety for our children!

What previous actions are you referencing, bump stock?

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                    What previous actions are you referencing, bump stock?

Yes, that would be the most obvious. But not forgetting the promises and meetings about following through on lifting trophy import bans and nominating a Interior Secretary that would carry the banner of our hunting heritage. I am definitely hoping for the best but not overly optimistic.

Comment

The whole entire reason the conversation is being had in DC is because of mass shootings. The media and politicians are using them to push agendas.

My position is more of a question. What is there that could be fixed in the background check system that would solve or prevent anything?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                        I understand where you’re coming from but by the same logic, we don’t have a terrorist problem and shouldn’t be sending troops out to fight terrorism. I’m not sure I agree.

Fair point. I will say I’m much more concerned about big brother than terrorist.

Comment

The whole entire reason the conversation is being had in DC is because of mass shootings. The media and politicians are using them to push agendas.

My position is more of a question. What is there that could be fixed in the background check system that would solve or prevent anything?

And I honestly get that point of view. What I fear (and despise) is the counterproductive "but" politics. "But abortion!" "But Democrats" "but the media!" (So I may be picking on you for a larger theme I see in these discussions). If we don't dictate the narrative and policy then they will. So if we can actually come up with common sense policy to reduce (not eliminate!) access to guns by criminals then couldn't we take reasonable steps to get there? Many have mentioned enforcing the laws we have where people and crimes have failed to make it into the database. I don't know what the specific fix it but let's pursue it. I also understand that we hold corporations and ffls to a different standard than private firearms sellers on background checks (call it a loophole or a different standard but differences do exist). I personally would like to avoid selling my gun to a felon if there was an easy way to prevent this. Not claiming I have an easy fix either. I love our constitutional right to arm ourselves and want to keep it.

Comment

Worth a read & along the lines of what I've been saying...we do not have a gun, background, red flag problem. We have societal issues that need to be addressed, but I don't see how the nation is even remotely ready to accept it as the problem & even less likely to to start the discussion / dialog of losing our moral fiber regardless of any religion aspect one would accept or deny. Too many politicians simply use the tragedies as an opportunity to attack liberties & pursue the agenda of gun control.

Comment

First steps would be to prosecute for the laws already on the books. First thing that comes to mind are felons and prohibited persons attempting to buy a firearm at a dealer, and failing the background check. That is not an accident. If you are a felon you know you cannot legally own a gun, they will attempt because there isn't any backlash for trying.
                              Several times in my life I have seen obvious ex cons with their girlfriend as "she" makes a purchase while he stands right there telling here what to buy. Straw purchases are a big problem.
                              Enforcing laws already on the books seems to me to be more effective than passing more laws that may or may not be enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Yes, that would be the most obvious. But not forgetting the promises and meetings about following through on lifting trophy import bans and nominating a Interior Secretary that would carry the banner of our hunting heritage. I am definitely hoping for the best but not overly optimistic.

Didn’t you vote for Mickey Mouse? Maybe lobby him.

Comment

Working...
                                X