Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
    Edit for a P.S.
    Those limbs are rated for draw weight on a 19" riser.
    On a 21" riser they will usually be lower in draw weight,
    BUT
    Check the draw weight again after you do the bolt adjusting.
    If those limb bolts were backed off much, that could be why the draw weight is lower than expected.
    I was going ot comment on this because my Black Max 2.0 limbs are rated for a 17" riser. His are different than mine though so maybe his are for a 19". Either way his riser being longer will produce a lighter draw weight for sure.

The limb bolts on my TradTech riser seemed bottomed until I backed those set screws all the way out, then they turned in 3 turns which is the max for my riser. So I agree with Rick try that. But chances are they will still be under 45#. 40# is a good starter recurve weight though so don't be in too big of a hurry to buy heavier limbs, that can induce form issues.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      I was going ot comment on this because my Black Max 2.0 limbs are rated for a 17" riser. His are different than mine though so maybe his are for a 19". Either way his riser being longer will produce a lighter draw weight for sure.

The limb bolts on my TradTech riser seemed bottomed until I backed those set screws all the way out, then they turned in 3 turns which is the max for my riser. So I agree with Rick try that. But chances are they will still be under 45#. 40# is a good starter recurve weight though so don't be in too big of a hurry to buy heavier limbs, that can induce form issues.
      I'm not sure what I have at this point. I believe my limb bolts are turned out too far. I'll correct that tonight.
      Been shooting all my life. Though not trad. I've got a Ben Pearson that is 45# and it seems fairly weak. The Glenn Parker I had was 55# and I liked it better. ( It felt good)
      Not trying to rush to higher poundage, but I'm not even pulling 40# right now with the limb bolts out and I can pull it with one finger. ( Seems real weak). Just want to get the most out of my bow and shoot it well.

Let me get the bow tuned and I'll see where I am.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't want to hijack your thread any more. So I'm going to start a new one. Rick and anyone else, I'd appreciate your taking a look and chiming in.

Comment

Setting up an ILF bow. Is the new thread.
          Thanks for the help, I could use it.

Comment

Huntinfool,

What riser/limbs are those?

Comment

Originally posted by twillgo View Post
              Huntinfool,

What riser/limbs are those?
              Riser is
              Hoyt Excel ( maybe 21" need to measure)
              Limbs are Black Max II 45"

I started a new thread and I believe I posted all the info there.

Whatcha thinking?

Comment

Wrong thread
                Last edited by huntinfool; 02-07-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Rick's post, John has sold out of his Olympus ILF risers! Lol. It will be 4 to 6 weeks before he gets more.

Rick is the new E.F. Hutton.

Todd

Comment

Thanks to Rick's post, John has sold out of his Olympus ILF risers! Lol. It will be 4 to 6 weeks before he gets more.

Rick is the new E.F. Hutton.

Todd
                    LOL, naa.
                    There were lots of folks buying them before I ordered mine.

I just got lucky to get in on a batch build of the 21"ers, but it was still over 4 weeks before I got it.

Well worth the wait.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                      LOL, naa.
                      There were lots of folks buying them before I ordered mine.

I just got lucky to get in on a batch build of the 21"ers, but it was still over 4 weeks before I got it.

Well worth the wait.

Rick
                      Rick,

I'm only relaying what John said in response to an inquiry by my buddy Mike.

He was thinking about getting a Hoyt Satori, so I said he should inquire about one of these. So he asked from his Book o' Faces account and that was his reply.

I hope he gets one so I can try it out . I need to become more consistent with the three bows I already have before getting another. I keep thinking that one of these days my shooting will just click into place and all will be well, but it hasn't happened for me yet.

Its still good day/bad day....and more bad than good! I guess that is why I'm hooked. So simple a thing, but so difficult to master.

Todd

Comment

[ATTACH]896080[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]896080[/ATTACH]

Maybe I need to talk to John about some sales commission.

Seriously though. These are darn fine little risers.

Rick

Comment

Rick,

Now that you've had some time.e to shoot the new riser, what are the main differences between the excel riser you had and the Optimus riser?
                            Don't know if I'm ready to spend money, but I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                              Rick,

Now that you've had some time.e to shoot the new riser, what are the main differences between the excel riser you had and the Optimus riser?
                              Don't know if I'm ready to spend money, but I'm curious.

(a) Heavier (more stable) on the shot
                              (b) Much better balance. (almost like it has a stabilizer)
                              (c) Much stronger. Not flexy at all. (probably wouldn't be noticed at lower draw weights, but at the weights I shoot it is very noticeable)

Rick

Comment

Rick,

Is that your first 21" riser, or is that the length that you prefer? My two take-downs are both 19" with long limbs making them 64", and the longbow is 66". I've always heard the longer the better for stability/forgiveness.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X